P719 DBB Wargaming Center, Quantico, VA
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
P719 DBB Wargaming Center, Quantico, VA
Department of the Navy
1314 Harwood Street
Washington Navy Yard Washington DC 20374-5018
Amoz J. Samuel, Contract Specialist, Phone 2026858283, Email firstname.lastname@example.org – Lindsay M. Brown, Contracting Officer, Phone 2026853192, Email email@example.com
SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE
NAICS Code: 236220- Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT, A MARKET SURVEY FOR WRITTEN INFORMATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE MADE FOR ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PROVIDING INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT OR ANY FOLLOW-UP INFORMATION REQUESTS.
No telephone calls will be accepted requesting a bid package or solicitation. There is no bid package or solicitation. In order to protect the procurement integrity of any future procurement, if any, that may arise from this announcement, information regarding the technical point of contact will not be given and no appointments for presentations will be made. The information received will be used within Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Washington to facilitate the decision making process.
NAVFAC Washington is seeking qualified and interested parties in any of the following categories: U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), SBA certified HUB Zone, SBA certified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), SBA certified Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) and SBA certified Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Businesses (EDWOSB) sources with current relevant qualifications, experience, personnel, and capability of performing construction of a new academic facility for the Marine Corps Wargaming Division and parking facility at Marine Corps Base, Quantico. Based upon this survey, a decision will be made whether to issue the proposed solicitation for the types of firms indicated above or to issue as full and open competition (unrestricted).
THIS SYNOPSIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. It is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government for any purpose than market research and is not restricted to a particular acquisition approach. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this announcement or any follow-up information requests. Respondents will not be notified of the evaluation and any information submitted by respondents to this notice is strictly voluntary.
In accordance with DFARS 236.204(iii), the magnitude of this project is between $100,000,000 and $250,000,000. All small businesses are encouraged to respond. The appropriate NAICS Code is 236220 with a Small Business Size Standard of $36.5M. Under the FAR guidelines, the prime contractor must have the capability to perform at least 15 percent of the contract work with its own employees.
Upon review of industry response to this Sources Sought Synopsis, the Government will determine whether a set-aside acquisition in lieu of full and open competition is in the Government’s best interest.
This project includes the following:
(1) construct a minimum 100,443 SF, low rise Georgian-style Academic Instruction Facility. Exterior features include cast stone and brick veneer on reinforced concrete masonry unit and standing seam metal roofs over structural steel framing, auger cast pile foundations and floors. Facility will be reinforced concrete slab on grade with elevated reinforced concrete slabs. This facility will include an auditorium, gaming classrooms, cell rooms, breakout rooms, game cell, conference room, production room and graphics production room. The facility includes a Secure Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF),
(2) construct a 132,116 SF multi-story parking facility to support the academic instruction facility. The facility is a pre-cast concrete structure with auger cast pile foundations and floors, and
(3) construct a new single story 1,650 SF Area Distribution Node (ADN) to support the academic instruction facility. The ADN will be part of the installation communication distribution system providing capabilities for voice, video and data. The facility is a precast concrete structure with auger cast pile foundation.
The project will provide Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) features and comply with AT/FP regulations and physical security mitigation in accordance with minimum DoD Anti-Terrorism Standards for Buildings. Additional AT/FP features include laminated glass. Built in equipment includes cable trays, very early smoke detection apparatus and clean agent system, domestic booster pump, emergency generator, fire booster pump, mass notification system, pallet racks, raised access flooring, site preparation for passive optical network and an uninterrupted power supply for the ADN. Department of Defense and Department of the Navy principles for high performance and sustainable building requirements will be included in the design and construction of this project in accordance with federal laws and Executive Orders. Low Impact Development will also be included in the design and construction as appropriate. The facility will comply with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. Mechanical utilities include heating, ventilation & air conditioning, domestic and fire protection water, sanitary, storm drain, and natural gas distribution systems. Electrical utilities include switchgear, communications distribution, underground electrical distribution, the replacement of the Cinder City substation and site lighting. Site preparation includes tree removal, cut and fill, silt fencing, stabilized construction entrance, removal of overhead wire poles, removal of storm drains and below grade structures, sanitary demolition, domestic water demolition and natural gas demolition. Paving and site improvements include grading, reinforced turf pavement, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, asphalt and concrete pavement, landscaping, bio-retention facilities bio-swales, security fencing around the ADN, pedestrian and bicycle features, and stormwater management features.
The Capabilities Statement Package shall address, as a minimum, the following:
(1) Relevant Experience: no more than three (3) projects, to include experience in performing efforts of similar size and scope within the last six years. For each project, indicate contract number, contract value, whether a prime contractor, agency point of contact and current telephone number, and a brief description of how the contract referenced relates to the technical services described herein. No more than three relevant projects shall be submitted.
(2) Company profile to include number of employees, office location(s), DUNS number, CAGE Code, and statement regarding small business designation and status.
(3) Statement regarding Bonding Capabilities.
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY 13 NOV 2019 2:00P.M. EST. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. The package shall be sent electronically, via email to Lindsay Brown at Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org and Amoz Samuel at email@example.com.
Questions or comments regarding this notice may be addressed via email to Lindsay Brown Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org or Amoz Samuel at email@example.com.