Z–REPLACE SECURITY ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Z–REPLACE SECURITY ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM
Department of the Interior
USGS OAG SACRAMENTO ACQUISITION BR.
MODOC HALL, CSUS
3020 STATE UNIVERSITY DRIVE EAST
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
This synopsis is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government. No contract will be awarded as a result of this Sources Sought announcement. The United States Geological Survey, Office of Acquisition and Grants is soliciting information from qualified sources; the results of this announcement will be evaluated to determine if there are businesses capable of performing the proposed work.
The US Geological Survey, Office of Acquisition and Grants seeks responses from vendors that possess the capability to replace the existing Simplex Checkpoint Access Control System (ACS) and to add access/replace and upgrade the current access control system at a facility in Seattle, WA.
The new system must adhere to the following:
1. HSPD-12 (Homeland Security Presidential Directive on Policy for a Common Identification Standard for Federal Employees and Contractors)
2. FIPS 201 (Federal Information Processing Standards Publication) dated February 25, 2005
3. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) SP800-85A-1, PIV Card Application and Middleware Interface Test Guidelines (SP 800-73-2 compliance)
4. Department of Interior 444 DM – Physical Protection and Building Security
5. OCIO Directive 2004-08, specifically the procurement of physical access (card reader) systems
6. USGS Survey Manual SM440.2, USGS Physical Security Program
7. USGS Survey Manual 440-2-H, Physical Security Handbook
The new system shall:
1. be a stand-alone system separated from the facilities building automation system and any agency automated information systems.
2. manage and monitor the physical access and control into the facilities and other designated controlled access areas.
The estimated magnitude of this project is between $100K and $250K. The Construction Wage Requirements Statute (prevailing wage, formerly Davis-Bacon Act) will apply. A performance bond will not be required. As per FAR 28.102-1(b)(1), either a payment bond or an irrevocable letter of credit will be required. The USGS requires a licensed contractor to repair this equipment and the awardee must provide a Payment Bond or an Irrevocable Letter of Credit (ILC).
The applicable product/service code is Z2AZ, “Repair or Alternation of Other Administrative Facilities.” The applicable NAICS code is 238290, “Other Building Equipment Contractors,” size standard $15.0M.
For further information and/or to submit a Capabilities Statement, interested parties may contact the Contracting Officer, Lynn Applegate, electronically at email@example.com by the due date, Tuesday August 28, 2018 at 12:00pm PT.