Water Security Consultant – Very Short Deadline
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
1. Title: WATER SECURITY CONSULTANT – VERY SHORT DEADLINE
2. Awarding Authority: Mercy corps , US Email: email@example.com. (Mark Spencer, Global Procurement )
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: The Awarding Authority recognizes that in the fragile places we work, water insecurity is a significant and often growing challenge to the achievement of humanitarian and development goals. Reliable access to safe water also represents a core resilience capacity and long term, sustainable solutions to water management are required for household, community and productive uses if communities are to cope with and adapt to environmental and social shocks and stresses. The relationship between fragility and water are complex, but recent work by the World Bank and others has helped clarify that a failure to adequately address water issues can aggravate conflict, fragility makes it harder to address water issues, and the compounding nature of water and conflict can give rise to a vicious cycle. This all makes water security a significant factor in almost all places the Awarding Authority operates.
The Awarding Authority’ existing portfolio of water-related programming covers a wide spectrum of interventions, including emergency water supply, health and sanitation for refugees and IDPs, ongoing community WASH, water infrastructure development, and watershed management. Despite the existence of a large portfolio, the Awarding Authority has never had a unified approach to water security, or a clear business development and fundraising strategy.
5. CPV Code(s): 90713000, 90710000, 90721000, 90721800
6. NUTS code(s): Not provided.
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Tendering office: Portland HQ
Country of destination: United States
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Not provided.
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Deadline Offer Submission: 10.10.2018 (17:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information regarding the above contract notice please visit:
12. Other information: Open date: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 – 3:15pm to Wednesday, October 10, 2018 – 5:00pm
Please visit the website above for documentation