Testing systematic approaches to planning ecological networks in Natural England
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: Testing systematic approaches to planning ecological networks in Natural England
2. Awarding Authority:
Defra Network eTendering Portal
3. Contract Type: Services
4. Description: The project – a partnership between national and area teams – will apply a range of cutting-edge software tools relevant to spatial prioritisation of conservation and planning ecological networks (Marxan, Zonation, Natural England Vulnerability Assessment, Condatis, least cost networks, Rangeshifter) to landscape scale pilots being carried out in Natural England focus areas and at a national scale relevant to the NNR network. The tools will be applied and the results interpreted through a consultative outcomes-based approach with local stakeholders. The findings will be summarised to inform both local and national-level implementation of Natural England’s strategy : Conservation21.
5. CPV Codes:
73210000 – Research consultancy services
90700000 – Environmental services
48000000 – Software package and information systems
48331000 – Project management software package
48214000 – Network operating system software package
6. NUTS Codes: N/A
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Any region
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Not Provided
10. Start Date: 01/12/2017
11. End Date: 31/03/2018
12. Closing Date: 09/11/2017
13. Other Information:
Please note that Defra procurement uses e-tendering, provided by Bravosolutions. In order to access the Bravo system you will need to be registered.
Could I therefore request that you register on the Bravo portal for Defra.
If you’re already registered on the Bravo portal please check that your registration includes Defra, as you have to specify us in order to correctly receive the tender documents.
If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact the Bravo helpline on 0800 368 4850 or alternatively email them at email@example.com. The link you require for new registration/amendments to registrations is –
For further information/documentation please visit: