Requesting information and budgetary estimate for COTS software to automate and integrate critical elements associated with lifecycle management of chemical products, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, LLC
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Requesting information and budgetary estimate for COTS software to automate and integrate critical elements associated with lifecycle management of chemical products, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, LLC
Department of Energy
Savannah River Site
Bldg 730-2B Aiken SC 29808
Ebony Patterson-Harvey, Project Manager, Phone 803-952-7245, Email firstname.lastname@example.org – P.K. Hightower, Manager, Continuous Improvement, Phone 803-952-9234, Email email@example.com
SRNS is requesting information and budgetary estimate for COTS software to automate and integrate critical elements associated with lifecycle management of chemical products. This software tool will be used to assist in management of safety, health and environmental risks (such as fire, explosions or corrosion), storing, handling and processing of potentially hazardous substances to ensure protection of the workers and facilities and provide submission of annual environmental compliance reporting (e.g., Emergency Planning Community-Right-to-Know Act).
The supplier and the software will need to meet ASME NQA-1-2008, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications, Subpart 2.7 Quality Assurance Requirements for Computer Software” software quality assurance requirements for this software.
Supplier partnership with Women-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned or HUBZone businesses is a plus.
Requirements and assumptions:
• The software needs to be available, in use, and commercially off the shelf to manage chemical from acquisition planning (which includes the request process prior to placing the purchase order) through disposition.
• The chemical management software should provide the cradle-to-grave auditable documentation to meet requirements of 10 CFR 851, 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1926.65, and provide automation tools for inventory management (e.g., barcode, RFID, etc.) and configurable reports including transmission for environmental compliance reporting (e.g., EPCRA, CERCLA, OSHA, NFPA, CAA, etc.).
• The software must provide functionality that integrates with external data by sharing a common data source either directly or through functions exposed through an application programming interface (API). All Application Programming Interfaces (API) which bring data into the product must provide validation routines equivalent to online validation.
• The software must interface with PeopleSoft.
• The software will be required to pass cyber security vulnerability scans
• The software must support (configure and use) single sign-on capabilities.
• The software must support password encryption in transit.
• The software shall have safeguards to facilitate certification and accreditation with respect to the controls identified in the DOE EM Program Cyber Security Plan (PCSP).
• The software needs to be an on premise solution and if it is a cloud solution then it must be FedRAMP compliant.
• The software needs to meet ASME NQA-1-2008, subpart 2.7 Software QA
• The software needs to be able to run on Windows 7/10 desktops if client based, or Internet Explorer 11 if web based.
• The Software needs to be able to interface with a local Oracle Database in order to retrieve data
• The software must provide products that support multiple commercial middleware tools for integration.
• Software must utilize a SRNS supported server platform:
o Oracle Solaris 11
o Red Hat Linux 6
o Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher
• Software must run on a SRNS standard desktop configuration:
o Intel – Windows based desktop system
o Window 10 operating system
• Systems must utilize a SRNS supported relational database platform:
o Oracle 11g or higher
o SQL Server 12R2 or higher
• A budgetary estimate for COTS software to automate and integrate critical elements associated with lifecycle management of chemical products will be provided.