Pedestrian Barriers and Balustrade Refurbishment Work
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: PEDESTRIAN BARRIERS AND BALUSTRADE REFURBISHMENT WORK
2. Awarding Authority: Chichester District Council. Web: (Rebecca Gooda).
3. Contract type: Public works contract
4. Description: The Awarding Authority is looking to engage suitable steel fabrication contractors to professionally design, manufacture, supply and install a steel fabricated guarding solution to comply with Building Regulations approved document K,(Protection from falling, collision and impact) and resist, as a minimum, loads stated to meet current British Standards, at the Specified Location.
The fabrication of steel frames with mesh infill panels and infill balustrading to achieve compliant guarding rails, barriers, stairs (both exposed and internal) and ramps. All to be designed, constructed and installed to provide protection from falling and provide a safe environment for people moving within or between different levels in or about the car park.
The works will include:
Guarding that is capable of preventing people from falling more than the height of two risers or 380mm, if not part of a stair and where it is reasonably necessary for safety, to guard the edges of any part of the parking decks including the roof deck, bridges and parapets etc.
Guarding stairwells (5no. Towers) to ensure that a 100mm sphere cannot pass through any openings in the guarding or balustrade.
Guarding to be provided and designed to prevent children from being able to climb the guarding. Guarding to be a minimum height of 1,100mm overall.
Guarding to resist as a minimum the loads given in BS EN 1991-1-1and PD6688-1-1.
Phasing and programming in coordination with other works continuing on site and the temporary provision of suitable and sufficient physical protection and appropriate warning signage for the duration of the works to ensure that the works are undertaken safely with due regards to the general public and users of the Multi Storey Car Park.
The provision of PPE and identification for all contractors’ personnel.
The clear demarcation of areas where work is in progress.
Procedures for sign-off of completed areas.
Note this height can include a concrete kerb provided that the vertical face of the kerb does not provide a step.
5. CPV Code(s): 45000000, 45453100, 45233280, 34928300, 34928110, 45233260, 34928320, 71320000
6. NUTS code(s): UKJ, UKJ2, UKJ24
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Avenue De Chartres Multi Storey Car Park, Avenue De Chartres, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1RJ.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: CDC – 013694
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Date documents can be requested until: 28.4.2017.
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information on the above contract please visit Web:
12. Other information: Award : 30 June 2017
Contract Start : 10 July 2017
Contract End : 31 October 2017
Process : Non-OJEU