Niteworks(R) Industry Day
The Niteworks service exists to provide trusted, impartial, industry-informed advice to the MOD on a range of capability questions. The Niteworks(Replacement) project is tasked with delivering a replacement for the current Niteworks3 service.
The Niteworks partnership ethos, principles and behaviours are considered unique within defence. Underpinned by a commercial model that protects and shares information; it allows Small Medium Enterprises, primes, academia and the MOD to work safely together to exploit outputs and inform their own business decision making. Furthermore, the aggregate Niteworks knowledge base can be available for analysis in order to deliver more strategic insights on systemic Defence wide interventions.
The Niteworks(Replacement) Stakeholder Industry Day seeks to provide the following:
- A high level overview of the scope of Niteworks(Replacement) which includes the developing Niteworks(Replacement) Target Operating Model.
- An update on the forward plan for delivery.
- An opportunity for the Niteworks(Replacement) Delivery Team to gain an understanding of industry’s perception of risk and delivery cost drivers.
- An opportunity for dialogue between the Project delivery team and candidate suppliers.
- An opportunity to be briefed and engaged in a manner consistent with regulatory compliance; ensuring all attendees are presented with the same information at the same time.
You must not take this announcement to mean confirmation that MOD shall award a contract for this requirement. The MOD is publishing this announcement without any commitment to issue an invitation to tender.
Date: Friday 9th June 2017 1000-1300
Location: Conference Hall, Technology School, HQ Defence Academy, Shrivenham, WILTSHIRE, SN6 8LA
All attendees must pre-register no later than 30 May 2017 and MUST bring photo ID with them on the day. Local site conditions stipulate that the wearing of ID whilst on site is mandatory.
Please allow sufficient time to sign in at visitor’s reception and collection of visitor passes.
Car parking is available on site.
Additional Information: Mr Simon Maxwell – DESTECH-TechOfficeC4ISR2@mod.uk – 030 679 34268
Capacity: 180 Spaces available – Recommend one representative per company
Image: © Crown Copyright. A soldier from 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Wales takes part in a virtual military simulation experiment at the Land Warfare Centre in Warminster. Using virtual simulation at the Land Warfare Centre in Warminster, the Royal Welsh are pioneering future force training. As many as 190 soldiers fought various scenarios, with their every action monitored by a sophisticated system of computers and advanced simulation software. All information was collected for further analysis by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) and Niteworks Partnership who have developed the simulation programme.