Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Department of the Army
69-A Hagood Avenue Charleston SC 29403-5107
Shirley A. Lawson, Contract Specialist, Phone 8433298164, Email email@example.com – Lisa S. Simmons, Contracting Officer, Phone 8433298086, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT:
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District, has a requirement for the above subject Project. This announcement constitutes a Sources Sought Synopsis (market survey). This is not a Request for Proposal (RFP). This is not a follow-on contract. This announcement is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract.
The purpose of this Sources Sought synopsis is to determine interest and capability of potential qualified Small Business, Certified 8(a) Small Business, HUBZone Small Business, Woman-Owned Small Business firm and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business firms relative to the North American Industry Classification Code (NAICS) 236220, Commercial and Institutional Building Construction. The Small Business Size Standard is $36.5 Million. To make an appropriate acquisition decision for the above project, the Government will use responses to this sources sought synopsis. If inadequate responses are received, this solicitation may be issued for full and open competition. The order of magnitude for this effort is estimated to between $1M and $5M.
This construction project provides site improvements and building renovations for anti-terrorism / force protection (ATFP) improvements at MCRC Lynchburg, VA. Typical features of work include perimeter fencing upgrades with vehicle barrier cabling, pedestrian and vehicle entry gate upgrades with vehicle impact rated gates, installation of site security lighting, installation of mass notification/fire alarm systems, CCTV installation, access control and intrusion detection systems installation, and installation of ballistic film on selected facility windows and entry systems. This project requires construction on an active military site with occupied facilities
Note: (1) If the decision is to Set-Aside this procurement for HUBZone Small Business, the contractor shall be required to perform in accordance to 13 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) SUBPART 126.700. (a) A qualified HUBZone Small Business receiving a HUBZONE contract for general construction must perform at least 15% of the contract either itself or through subcontracts with other qualified HUBZONE Small Business concerns.
Note: (2) If the decision is to Set-Aside this procurement for Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, the contractor shall be required to perform in accordance to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.219-14 Limitation on Subcontracting (b) states, “The concern will perform at least 15 percent of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with its own employees.”
The Contractor shall be capable of providing Performance and Payment Bonds within five (5) calendar days after award. The contractor shall begin work within five (5) calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed.
Completion time for this project will be specified in the solicitation. If the contractor fails to complete the work within the specified number of days, the contractor shall pay liquidated damages to the Government in the amount specified in the contract.
If you can meet all of the requirements for this project and the information in the questionnaire, please respond to this sources sought synopsis by email to Shirley Lawson. The e-mail address is Shirley.email@example.com. Send a courtesy copy (cc) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Email is the preferred method when receiving responses to this synopsis. Response must be received no later than 2:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, on 31 May 2019. For the exact deadline, see the response date on the announcement page. Late responses may be considered, however interested parties are advised that an acquisition strategy decision will be approved ASAP after the deadline, and as such the Government reserves the right to disregard late responses. Please submit the following information and the information required in the attached worksheets:
REQUIREMENTS FOR RESPONSES TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT
1. Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) & Commercial & Commercial, Government Entity (CAGE), or a copy of your entity record on SAM.gov.
2. Name of firm w/address, phone and fax number, and point of contact with a corresponding e-mail address.
3. State if your company is a certified 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business, HUBZone Small Business, Woman Owned Small Business or Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business and size of firm (large or small).
4. Bonding Capacity: State whether your firm can provide a Bid Bond (20% of the total bid amount), Performance and Payment Bonds (100% of the contract amount) for a project valued at more than $1M. Also submit maximum bonding capacity and indicate a list of Construction Contracts underway with project Value to determine remaining bonding capacity.
5. Please indicate whether your firm will submit a bid for this project, if this project is set-aside for 8(a), HUBZone Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, Woman Owned Small Business or other Small Business when it’s formally advertised.
6. Offeror’s Joint Venture information if applicable – existing and potential
7. Qualification: Responses to this sources sought synopsis shall indicate specialized experience and technical competence in your firm’s skills, experience, and knowledge required to perform the specified type of work. This should include documentation of past experience and competence in delivering similar requirements, for which your firm was the prime contractor. Identify the types of projects, the services which were provided, and any special challenges encountered and innovations delivered as a result.
8. Firms submitting responses shall provide information on three (3) examples of construction contracts awarded for $1M or greater completed within the past five (5) years, which are relevant to the description in the section above, in the project information. Please include point of contact information for examples provided as past performance on indicated projects may be verified. NOTE: Contractors with unsatisfactory past performance may not be considered capable of successfully performing this type of work.
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR THIS PROJECT WHEN IT IS FORMALLY ADVERTISED, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A RESPONSE TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS.
Firms responding to this sources sought announcement, who fail to provide ALL of the required information requested, may not be used to assist the Government in the acquisition decision, which is the intent of this sources sought announcement.
Contracting Office Address:
US Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston Office, 69A Hagood Avenue, Charleston, SC 29403
Place of Performance:
Point of Contact(s):
Shirley A. Lawson