Life Jackets Approved for Police Use
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: LIFE JACKETS APPROVED FOR POLICE USE
2. Awarding Authority: Metropolitan Police Service , GB. Web:
3. Contract type: Supply contract
4. Description: Due to personnel expansion The Awarding Authority need to purchase 50 ErgoFit or similar life jackets, 50 Life jacket storage bags and 30 rearm packs. Jackets must be approved for Police use on the Thames by the Mets Physical Protection Group (PPG).
Jackets must meet all the below points.
Must be in black/grey with Police markings.
Must meet ISO 12402-2 (275N) with superior buoyancy (290N) to float you higher in the water.
Must have a built in inflatable chin support that keeps your neck back and keeps your airways clear in case of accidents.
Must have a bladder distribution, providing turning solutions giving officers greater mobility.
Must have a dynamic cutaway design allows full freedom of movement in case of injury etc etc.
Must have a soft loop D-ring for attaching safety harness.
Must be AIS compatible, activates automatically on inflation.
Must have a current EC Type Certification issued within the last year
Must have a Manual / Automatic inflation inspection window
Must be Easy to switch between Manual / Automatic inflation
Must have an Oral Inflation Tube for top up
Must be Supplied with Whistle
Must Supplied with water activated emergency light / beacon
Must be compatible with the MPS CTSFO plate Carrier and Ballistic Plates
Must be compatible with the MPS CTSFO Ballistic Helmet (Ops Core)
Must also be able to be worn as a standalone flotation device
Must have side waist adjustment to ensure secure and comfortable fit
Must have dual Crotch Straps
Must have single CO2 inflation canister
5. CPV Code(s): 39525300, 37412000, 34996200
6. NUTS code(s): UKI, UKI3, UKI31
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Delivery point: 74-78 Leman Street, London, E1 8EU
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Not provided.
9. Estimated value of requirement: Estimated contract value (GBP) C: GBP 16k to 25k
10. CompeteFor response deadline 2.1.2019 (10:05:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: Note: This is a CompeteFor opportunity. Opportunities may be with both public and private sector businesses. To apply, please click the following link to register on the CompeteFor portal Web:
12. Other information: About the buyer:
This opportunity is for the Metropolitan Police Services Specialist Firearms unit.
Estimated tender close date 03/01/2019
Estimated contract award date 04/01/2019
Estimated contract start date 07/01/2019