Kingston Station Cycle Hub
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: Kingston Station Cycle Hub
2. Awarding Authority:
The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
Contact: Phil Gardener
Phone: +44 2085475392
3. Contract Type: Works
4. Description: The purpose of this contract package is to appoint a principal contractor to finalise contractor designed elements like steelwork connections, undertake construction of civil works to the substructure, fabricate and undertake all ancillary elements of steelwork systems to the Cycle Hub, transport the hub superstructure from off-site fabrication facilities to the site in Kingston and installation, undertake the fitting of all equipment and facility connections, which comprise of, but are not limited to: internal and external lighting, CCTV, lift, shops, security, gas, potable water, foul sewer, and electrical. The Principal Contractor will have the responsibility of all coordination, permitting approvals with stakeholders, including Network Rail approvals for temporary works (craning and propping) and civil works in close proximity to railway assets, and South Western Railways for allocation of parking spaces and CCTV to the internal structure of the Hub.
For this purpose, the fabrication and construction shall be led by a reputable civil engineering company with proven similar experience, to achieve the safe delivery of this project on time and budget.
Technical Disciplines Within Scope
The project requires construction and fabrication services and expertise in the following specialist areas (as defined in the procurement categories):
• Civil Engineering (highways & structures);
• Hub building steelwork fabrication, assembly and ancillaries (surface treatments, steel surface protection systems, connections)
• MEP engineering (including internal lighting and CCTV)
• Lift procurement and installation
• Lighting of internal and outdoor structures
• Heavy Transportation and Craning operation (temporary works)
• Traffic Management
• Coordination / Communication / Stakeholders Engagement
• Health & Safety
Brief summary statement
The proposed works comprise construction of reinforced concrete foundations and piles, fabrication and installation of a two storey steel Cycle Hub, and internal fittings (Shops, workshop, MEP, CCTV and lift). The proposed Cycle Hub is to be located to the west of Kingston Station, and east of the proposed new River Link and Cycle Bridge.
The design of the proposed Cycle Hub has incorporated suitable and safe methods of construction. This will minimise any impact to Network Rail infrastructure. This includes off site fabrication of the superstructure in factory conditions, which reduces work on site and, in particular, work at height.
It is intended that the steel elements of the hub are transported to site in uniform modular section, and then erected and connected on site. However, the bidders can suggest other methods if safety can be improved and costs reduced.
A Form 1 and Form 2 approval will need to be obtained through Network Rail’s Asset Protection team.
5. CPV Codes:
44112000 – Miscellaneous building structures
44212320 – Miscellaneous structures
45223000 – Structures construction work
45212000 – Construction work for buildings relating to leisure, sports, culture, lodging and restaurants
6. NUTS Codes: UKI22
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: London
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: £900,000 to £1,000,000
10. Start Date: 01/08/2018
11. End Date: 30/06/2019
12. Closing Date: 13/07/2018
13. Other Information:
For further information/documentation please visit: