Jane’s Online Database
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Jane’s Online Database
Department of the Air Force
1940 ALLBROOK DRIVE WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB OH 45433-5309
Samuel Pacheco-Ortiz, Contract Specialist, Phone 937-255-7858, Email firstname.lastname@example.org – Matthew K. Marshall, Contracting Officer, Phone 937-255-7853, Email email@example.com
NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD SOLE SOURCE
The United States Air Force (the Government) intends to issue a Firm-Fixed-Price Purchase order to a single source, IHS Global, Inc., under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b)(1)(i) (only one source reasonably available) on or about 15 September 2018. The period of performance (PoP) shall be from 30 September 2018 – 29 September 2019. Two (2) one-year options are anticipated that would extend the PoP through 29 September 2021.
Size Standard: 1000 employees
Subscription name: Jane’s Online Database
Supplier name: IHS Global, Inc.
Product description: IHS Global, Inc. provides a subscription plan for access to Jane’s Defence Equipment and Technology Intelligence Center (JDET) as well as Jane’s Military Security Assessments Intelligence Center (JMSA). JDET provides data, information, and analysis on the air, land, naval, and joint defence platforms, weapons, and systems in service and under development around the world. JMSA provides comprehensive open-source data and independent expert analysis on political stability, military capabilities, national security concerns, and international relations to give a strategic, operational, and tactical understanding of the global threat landscape.
Product characteristics an equal item must meet to be considered:
• Must provide electronic access to: Jane’s Defence Equipment and Technology Intelligence Centre Modules for Air & Space, Land, Sea, EOD & Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear and Explosives, Simulation and Training, and Weapons. Jane’s Military Security Assessments Intelligence Center, Military Capabilities Module, Security News Module. Jane’s Geo Intelligence Spatial Layers for Bases, Satellite Imagery Analysis and ORBAT
• Must provide SIP2 or EZproxy setup to link LRC patron library card account for authentication and access from OPAC.
• Must be able to dedicate customer service representative to resolve all service issues
This notice of intent is not a request for competitive quotations. However, all responsible sources may submit a capability statement, proposal, or quotation, which shall be considered by the Government. The Government will consider responses received within 5 days of issuance of this notice. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct a full and open competitive procurement or a small business set aside competitive procurement. The Government will not pay for any information received in response to this announcement.
If the Government decides to compete this requirement, a synopsis shall be issued utilizing the combined synopsis/solicitation procedure identified in FAR 12.603. If this effort becomes a Small Business Set-Aside, FAR 52.219-14, Limitation on Subcontracting, will apply. Therefore, small businesses that want to be considered for a small business set-aside should demonstrate how they intend to comply.
A determination not to compete this requirement based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government.
Contractors should be aware of the following information:
1. Contractors must include the following information:
a. Points of contact, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers.
b. Identification as a large U.S. business, a small U.S. business, or a foreign business. Please note that size indicated should be based on the NAICS code for this effort listed above.
c. Identification of any other socioeconomic status including: Women-Owned Small Business, Economically Disadvantaged Small Business, 8(a), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Veteran Owned Small Business or HUBZone.
d. Company CAGE Code or DUNS Number.
2. If this posting specifically references brand name products, offerors are encouraged to suggest products other than those specifically referenced. Responses must address how the alternate product meets the product characteristics specified above.
3. Submitted information shall be UNCLASSIFIED.
4. Responses are limited to 10 pages in a Microsoft Word compatible format.
Responses should be emailed to Samuel Pacheco-Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org and Matthew Marshall at email@example.com no later than 22 August 2018, 2:00 PM EST. Any questions should be directed to Samuel Pacheco-Ortiz through email.