GB-Bristol: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IM&IT) FUNCTION DELIVERY PARTNER
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
MOD Request For Information
GB-Bristol: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IM&IT) FUNCTION DELIVERY PARTNER
1. Contract Title
Title attributed to the request by the Contracting Authority: GB-Bristol: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IM&IT) FUNCTION DELIVERY PARTNER
2. Contracting Authority:
Ministry of Defence, Agencies/Misc, Other
Defence Equipment and Support, MOD Abbey Wood, #1261 Spruce 2B, Bristol, BS34 8JH, United Kingdom
Tel. 030 679 31493, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL:
Contact: George Hollingdale, Attn: George Hollingdale
3. Object of the Request for Information:
Contracting Authority’s file Reference number: CCDT/633
Weblink to where further documentation can be obtained: www.contracts.mod.uk
Short description of requirement: Human resources management consultancy services. Recruitment services. Information systems or technology strategic review and planning services. Information systems or technology strategic review services. Information systems or technology planning services. Information technology services. Information technology requirements review services. This Request for Information (RFI) has been issued to invite potential providers to an Early Market Engagement Day on Thursday 17th October 2019 at the Holiday Inn, Filton Road Hambrook, Bristol, BS16 1QX. The event will allow IM&IT to engage the market to inform their strategy on how best to proceed with the establishment of a Delivery Partner contract.
CPV codes :
79414000 – Human resources management consultancy services.
79600000 – Recruitment services.
72222000 – Information systems or technology strategic review and planning services.
72222100 – Information systems or technology strategic review services.
72222200 – Information systems or technology planning services.
72222300 – Information technology services.
72223000 – Information technology requirements review services.
Time-limit: 17/10/2019 10:00 Information Requested: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IM&IT) FUNCTION DELIVERY PARTNER
Early Market Engagement Day
This Request for Information (RFI) has been issued to invite potential providers to an Early Market Engagement Day on Thursday 17th October 2019 at the Holiday Inn, Filton Road, Hambrook, Bristol, BS16 1QX. The event will allow IM&IT to engage the market to inform their strategy on how best to proceed with the establishment of a Delivery Partner contract.
Short description of the Contract:
Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) is a bespoke trading entity, and arm’s length body of the Ministry of Defence (MoD). It manages a vast range of complex projects to buy and support all the equipment and services that the Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force need to operate effectively. DE&S works closely with industry, including through partnering agreements and private finance initiatives. The DE&S Chief Information Officer within DE&S is the sole authority within the IM&IT Function responsible for the establishment of a Delivery Partner framework contract.
The IM&IT Function is responsible for sourcing the skills and experience needed to deliver against the business need. This could be for a short-term need (i.e. specific time boxed piece of work) or an urgent need where a surge in capacity is required until a more permanent resource can be acquired. In addition, there may be instances where specific niche skills are required that DE&S would never recruit against, and therefore an avenue to bring those skills into the business for temporary periods is required.
To cover the requirement to flex manpower or resource project tasks, it has been proposed to use the 5-mode approach as detailed below:
• Mode 1 – To be able to supplement workforce, i.e. bring in people into IMIT to take a specific job role (i.e. manpower substitute).
• Mode 2 – To supplement the current workforce and deliver defined requirements, working with the relevant contractor to confirm the best way to deliver this (i.e. output based tasking).
• Mode 3 – To partner with a contractor who can work with IMIT to identify and recommend tasks which look to introduce innovation and upskilling within IMIT (i.e. consultancy).
• Mode 4 – To deliver an entire project or programme of work where the output and approvals were defined by DE&S (i.e. outsource the delivery of the outcome).
• Mode 5 – To partner with a contractor who can work with IMIT to jointly fund and create proof of concepts based on specific innovations.
It is anticipated that a tasking may include a mix and match of the above modes, dependent on the requirement.
In each of these scenarios/modes, the contractors would be undertaking one of the following:
• Providing capacity, where it does not exist in DE&S.
• Delivering outputs for specific project tasks.
• Providing a specialised skill set which would not generally be filled by a DE&S colleague.
Change and transformation (including Business Engagement and Business Analysts)
• Business Analysis
• Requirement Generation
• Cost Benefit Analysis
• Business Relationship Management
• Data Analysis
Strategy Architecture and Solution Design
• Enterprise Architecture
• Solution Architecture
• Service Architecture
• Data Architecture
• Business Architecture
Development and Implementation
• Agile Project Management
• Scrum Mastery
• Development Languages:
o .Net (C#)
o Oracle Apex
• Database Administration
o Microsoft SQL
• Graphic Design
• Quality Assurance
• Release Management
Service Delivery and Operations (Supplier Management)
• Service Desk/Operations
• Infrastructure Configuration, Administration and Support
• Environment Provision and Configuration
• Vendor and Supplier Management
• Service Transition Management
• Risk Assessment
• Operational Service Management
• Change Management
• Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Data Protection
• Risk Management
• Cyber Security
• ISO27001 Qualified
• Information/IT Security
• Data Science
• Security Design
• Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
• Continuity and Service Management (ITSM)
Knowledge Information Management
• Information/ Records Management (IM/RM) Subject Matter Guidance
• IM/RM Policy and Process Management?
• IM/RM Improvement and Maturity Planning
• IM/RM Knowledge Management and Skills Transfer
• IM/RM Training
• Records Management
• IM Risk Management
• IM/RM Strategic Document Production
BI and Analytics (Including Data)
• Data Architecture
• Business Analysis
• Data Science Development
• BI Development
o SQL C#
o Visual Studio SSIS, SSAS
o Power BI
o M Language
• Data Visualisation and Design
• Data Modelling
• IT Environment Management
o Application Configuration
o AD Administration
Plus others as they emerge
Consulting Support to CIO
The Market Interest Day will be held in the Holiday Inn, Filton Road, Hambrook, Bristol, BS16 1QX on Thursday 17th October 2019 starting at 10:00hrs and will take the following format:
• Briefing on requirement and an overview of the timelines for the procurement.
• Workshop sessions for discussions and industry feedback.
• Opportunities for networking between delegates.
Delegates wishing to attend should return an expression of interest by email to: email@example.com on or before 15 October 2019
The email should include:
1. A nominated single point of contact detailing:
a. Full Name
b. Job Role
c. Contact Details
d. Company Name and registered number (if applicable)
A maximum of two attendees from any individual company will be invited to attend.
Any queries about the event should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Everything discussed on the day will be at Official Classification and Subject to Contract.
All the information contained within this RFI does not constitute and should not be construed as any commitment by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to proceed with any aspect of the activity beyond the Market Interest Day to be held on 17 October 2019. All further activity is strictly subject to further internal MoD approvals.
This RFI is to alert the market to the potential future requirement. A Contract Notice and Dynamic PQQ (if applicable) shall be issued in due course.
DE&S and/or the MoD will not be liable for any costs incurred by companies attending the Industry Day.