Ft. Devens, Massachusetts Range Control Bldg.
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Ft. Devens, Massachusetts Range Control Bldg.
Department of the Army
PO Box 59 Louisville KY 40201-0059
Adam Wantland, Contract Specialist, Phone 5023156197, Email Adam.Wantland@usace.army.mil
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately. The proposed project is for the design and construction of the Range Control Building located at Ft. Devens, Massachusetts. This project consists of a 5,000 square foot Pre-Engineered Range Control Building to house the 12 member Range Control staff. The Range Control Building project site is located within the Fort Devens, South Post, cantonment area, which is considered a ‘Controlled Perimeter’.
The Design/Build (D/B) Contractor will need to take Anti Terrorism / Force Protection (AT/FP) criteria into consideration. The current 1,218 SF Range Control Building (Building 4217A), housing the Range Control staff, is to be demolished after construction of the new Range Control Building has been completed. Air Conditioning (Estimated 16 Tons).
Supporting Facilities, authorized for this project, consist of:
(1) Storm Drainage
(2) Site Improvements to include:
(a) Electrical Service
(b) Water Distribution
(c) Sanitary Sewer
(d) Paving, Walks, Curbs and Gutters
(e) Communications or Information Systems
Provide descriptions of your firm’s past experience on projects with greater than 90% construction complete or those projects completed within the last five years which are similar to this project in size, scope, and dollar value. Provide documentation demonstrating DB experience for projects of similar type building, managing a design team and managing multiple sub-contractors. Demonstrated experience includes self-performing 15% of the construction.
Contract duration is estimated at 540 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000. NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Businesses or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey by email on 03/05/2018 by 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s Unique Identifier Number and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience – Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) example projects with either greater than 95 percent completion or projects completed in the past five (5) years where the interested firm served as the prime contractor. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. Example projects must be of similar size and scope.
a. Projects similar in scope to this project include:
New construction of a pre-engineered metal building that contains primarily administrative space.
b. Projects similar in size to this project include:
New pre-engineered metal building construction of approximately 3500 square feet or greater.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
1.Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will
2. Scope of the project.
3. Size of new pre-engineered metal building (square feet).
4. Dollar value of the project.
5. The portion and percentage of work that was self-performed.
6. If the project was Design/Build, or not.
5. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Email responses to Adam Wantland. If you have questions please contact Adam Wantland at Adam.Wantland@usace.army.mil. This is NOT a Request for Proposal and does not constitute any commitment by the Government. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.