Fleet Street Estate – Security Consultant
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: Fleet Street Estate – Security Consultant
2. Awarding Authority:
City of London Corporation
City of London, Guidhall
3. Contract Type: Services
4. Description: The project will provide a “state of the art” New Combined Court Facility and City of London Police headquarters. The design will also include a commercial component providing office accommodation and retail space at street level. This is the Fleet Street Estate.
The Contracting Authority invites candidates to complete and submit a Selection Questionnaire for the provision of Security Consultant, which shall include the following scope:
The scope of services will comprise the design (and the informing of architectural and engineering designs by respective members of the design team) of all physical and operational security requirements including, but not limited to the following systems and components;
1. Blast protection
2. Hostile vehicle mitigation
3. Pedestrian threats
4. Securing public and staff entrances
5. Security of utilities
6. Data security
7. Screening systems (mail and person screening)
8. Chemical and biological threat protection
9. Firing range and firearms facilities
10. Prisoner exchange and custody
The initial appointment will be for concept design, RIBA Stage 2, to support the business case for the Fleet Street Estate with provision to instruct further RIBA design stages.
The estimated duration of the entire programme to completion of RIBA Stage 6 is 7 years. Subject to the right of the Contracting Authority (at its sole discretion) to exercise its right to vary the contract, the maximum length of the contract shall be that which is required to deliver the programme to completion of RIBA Stage 6 plus relevant services to support the Soft Landings in Stage 7.
Candidates will therefore be invited to tender for services up to and completion of RIBA stage 6 and the co-ordination of review of the developed design under Soft Landings (duration 36 months).
The estimated value of the contract for the above services is between �800,000 to �1.2M.
5. CPV Codes:
71000000 – Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services
6. NUTS Codes: UKI12
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: London
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: £800,000 to £1,200,000
10. Start Date: 17/12/2018
11. End Date: 15/12/2028
12. Closing Date: 19/09/2018
13. Other Information:
This tendering exercise is being undertaken using the electronic tendering system ‘CapitaleSourcing’ (url:www.capitalesourcing.com). Suppliers will need to register on the system in order to participate and registration is free.
Candidates must complete, upload and submit their ITT response using the capitalEsourcing portal.
Fleet Street Estate – Civil and Structural Engineer
For further information/documentation please visit: