Finalists announced for 2018 Women in Defence UK Awards
The finalists of the third annual Women in Defence UK Awards have officially been announced.
Women in Defence UK highlights the significant contributions of women to defence and security nationwide. In doing so, the organisation hopes to inspire and empower women, share knowledge and experience, build networks and encourage new talent into the defence community. The awards have now received more than 900 nominations over the last three years.
Finalists for 2018 include:
Inspirational Award (sponsored by Thales)
- Lance Corporal Anna-Louise Stanley (The Army)
- Flight Lieutenant Kerry Bennett (Royal Air Force)
- Major Nics Wetherill (The Army)
Outstanding Contribution Award (sponsored by BAE Systems)
- Corporal Karen Jones (Royal Air Force)
- Major Ros Elliott (The Army)
- Commander Sarah Cole (Royal Navy)
Emerging Talent Award (sponsored by the The Army)
- Lucy Finch (Defence Equipment and Support)
- Flight Lieutenant Maria Lynch (Royal Air Force)
- Chantelle (National Cyber Security Centre)
Unsung Heroines Award (sponsored by Dell EMC)
- Carolyn Stothard (Defence Science and Technology Laboratory)
- Lorna Stubbs (Defence Equipment and Support)
- Maggie O’Connell (Northrop Grumman)
Promotion of Gender Balance Award (sponsored by ATOS)
- Fay Tennet (Houses of Parliament Security)
- Natalie Salem (Northrop Grumman)
- Victoria (M15)
An additional ‘Woman of the Year 2018’ award will this year be sponsored by PA Consulting. Angela Owen, Founder of Women in Defence and Senior Advisor at PA Consulting, said: “This year’s finalists are superb ambassadors for the work women do in defence of the nation. An inspiring and worthy line-up, they range in rank from Lance Corporal to Captain Royal Navy and comprise women and teams from all three of the Armed Forces, the MOD Civil Service, GCHQ and MI5, defence industry and the Houses of Parliament Security.”
Owen added: “Women in Defence UK celebrates inspirational work and promotes the value of women in the sector. I’m delighted to have seen such a diverse list of finalists during this year of the centenary of suffrage. Every finalist should feel proud of their achievements and recognition within the defence community.”
The award winners will be announced by Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson on 6 November 2018.
If you would like to join our community and read more articles like this then please click here.
The post Finalists announced for 2018 Women in Defence UK Awards appeared first on Defence Online.