Feasibility Analysis for Pre-arranged Risk-financing Solution
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: Burkina Faso
1. Title: FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS FOR PRE-ARRANGED RISK-FINANCING SOLUTION
2. Awarding Authority: World Bank, BF. Web: $h=1545047267617
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: To examine the feasibility of developing a pre-arranged risk-financing solution in the Sahel region to assist countries in effectively managing climate risks impact on the livestock sector. Such a solution would be designed to trigger timely payouts to pre-identified and registered herders as a drought develops and pasture and grazing resources become depleted. This would enable herders and pastoralists to purchase livestock fodder and feed supplements, as well as water and vaccines, to keep their core breeding herds alive until the drought passes and grazing conditions return to normal. This analysis would identify and design triggers to inform about livestock-mortality likelihood. As such, the proposed intervention would contribute toward reducing herders pastoralists vulnerability and increasing their resilience to drought. This project would support World Bank operations in the Sahel region
5. CPV Code(s): 79314000
6. NUTS code(s): Not provided.
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Burkina Faso
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: 1264143
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Expression of Interest Deadline: (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.) 31.8.2019 (23:59:59).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information and instructions in the above contract notice please visit website:
12. Other information: TKR-2019819-EX-1141008