DPRTE Engage partner DIO releases new 10-year strategy
DPRTE Engage Online official event partner, the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) has recently released its new strategy outlining the organisation’s long-term vision for the organisation.
This new strategy – the DIO Strategy 2020 – 2030 –sets out the long-term vision for the organisation. Its aim is to see DIO working with agility and pace to deliver a Defence Estate of the right size, location, and quality that is fit for the future.
DIO provides infrastructure services to the Ministry of Defence Front Line Commands (FLCs) and other Top Level Budgets (TLBs).
With an annual spend of approximately £3 billion on construction and infrastructure services on behalf of its customers, DIO represents a significant opportunity for both current and potential suppliers in relation to supporting the Armed Forces – commissioning, building and maintaining what the men and women who serve our country need to safely live, work, train and deploy on operations.
Key facts from the Defence Estate (taken from DIO Annual Report 2019 to 2020):
- £4.25 billion annual budget for the defence estate
- 134,000 built assets from across the estate
- Circa 60,000 service family properties maintained by DIO worldwide
- 790,000ha land area across which Defence operates globally
- 1.8% the percentage of UK land managed/used by the MOD
- 145,000 single living accommodation bed-spaces maintained by DIO worldwide
- Over 245,000 Armed Forces personnel supported to live, work and train
- 48% the percentage of the Defence Estate that is over 50 years old
- It is envisaged it will provide the overarching direction for transformation, aligned with Defence policy and strategy, over the next ten years.
The Strategy has six strategic recommendations across the three strategic objectives of ‘Outstanding delivery, Excellent Advice, One Team’.
The recommendations are:
- Implementing an asset management system
- Improving delivery for our customers
- Becoming expert in sustainability, climate change and environmental issues
- Making the business efficient and effective
- Driving better business performance through lean processes and a digital approach
- Building the right workforce and making DIO a great place to work
These strategic recommendations have been developed to grow the organisation beyond the Future DIO’s transformation programme, which was launched in 2016 and provided a platform for the organisation to modernise and transform.
It is envisaged the new recommendations will increase DIO’s focus on its capability to increase customer value and improve organisational performance.
DIO are official DPRTE Engage Online event partners. This year event is set to feature for the first time, an Infrastructure and Estates Pavilion, which will allow both buyers and suppliers to connect with key Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) personnel and gain an insight into the new strategy, including the latest initiatives, developments and opportunities within defence infrastructure.
For those companies looking to engage with the infrastructure marketplace, the DIO-supported Infrastructure and Estates Pavilion will allow both buyers and suppliers to connect with key DIO personnel and gain an insight into the latest initiatives, developments and opportunities within defence infrastructure.
The Pavilion will also include a Knowledge Transfer Zone, which will see a range of topical educational and interactive sessions designed specifically to enhance attendees’ knowledge and ability to contribute to the future direction and delivery of the ongoing defence infrastructure and estates procurement programme.
The speakers include a number of leading experts from DIO and the wider defence infrastructure marketplace, including DIO’s Commercial Director Jacqui Rock.
Don’t miss out on the chance to visit DIO’s the Infrastructure & Estates Pavilion and hear from leading experts in infrastructure on how to do business with DIO.
Delegate registration is now open
In addition, a final few virtual exhibition product showcase opportunities are still available. For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 270 7066.
If you would like to join our community and read more articles like this then please click here.
The post DPRTE Engage partner DIO releases new 10-year strategy appeared first on Defence Online.