Disaster Risk and Resilience Analysis in Watersheds
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
1. Title: DISASTER RISK AND RESILIENCE ANALYSIS IN WATERSHEDS
2. Awarding Authority: World Bank, LA. Web:
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: Disaster risks need to be understood and mapped in more detail in specific watersheds within large interconnected production and conservation forest landscapes, inhabited by thousands of communities, to be able to better develop, target and converge investments from a number of sectors and stakeholders. Key activities of the assignment will include: Identify and map the most vulnerable villages and major forest, food and livelihood production systems within these landscapes, including critical rice production areas within these landscapes that are vulnerable to landslides, flooding, or drought. Development of locally-appropriate options for green and green/grey infrastructure solutions for watershed management, including cost estimations and cost-benefit analysis. Develop options and cost estimations for deploying simplified early warning systems (EWS), communication, and response mechanisms for local communities facing natural hazards in key districts. Develop costed options for more resilient production systems in forest landscapes that can ameliorate disaster and climate risks. Develop investment interventions with cost estimations to reduce risk and enhance resilience. Carry out workshops on results. Carry out training for government stakeholders on disaster planning, and other related topics
5. CPV Code(s): 90721800, 90712400, 80500000, 90700000
6. NUTS code(s): Not provided.
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: 1266063
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Expression of Interest Deadline: (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.) 16.1.2020 (23:59:59).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information and instructions in the above contract notice please visit website:
12. Other information: TKR-20191221-EX-1243397