Contractor Logistic Support for Switchblade Aerial Munitions System for FY20-24
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Contractor Logistic Support for Switchblade Aerial Munitions System for FY20-24
Department of the Army
BLDG 5303 SPARKMAN CIR Redstone Arsenal AL 35898-5090
Nathaniel B. Cunningham, Phone 2568426325, Email Nathaniel.B.Cunningham.email@example.com
SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS
This notice was amended and re-posted on 06JUN18. The purpose of amendment is to change the period of performance to fiscal years 2020 through 2024. Additionally, the notice was previously posted under solicitation number W31P4Q-18-R-SB19-26, the solicitation number is changed to W31P4Q-18-R-0104. As a result, the response deadline is extended.
The U.S. Army Contracting Command – Redstone Arsenal, AL (ACC-R) is issuing this sources sought synopsis as a means of conducting market research to identify parties having an interest in and the resources to support this requirement for the procurement of Contractor Logistic Support services for the Switchblade Aerial Munitions Systems. This requirement includes services for Field Support Representatives, Repair and Maintenance, CONUS Training, and Flight Support. The result of this market research will contribute to determining the method of procurement. The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to this procurement is 336419.
THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AT THIS TIME. This request for capability information does not constitute a request for proposals; submission of any information in response to this market survey is purely voluntary; the government assumes no financial responsibility for any costs incurred.
If your organization has the potential capacity to perform these contract services, please provide the following information: 1) Organization name, address, email address, Web site address, telephone number, and size and type of ownership for the organization; and 2) Tailored capability statements addressing the particulars of this effort, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability. If significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements.
The government will evaluate market information to ascertain potential market capacity to: 1) provide services consistent, in scope and scale, with those described in this notice and otherwise anticipated; 2) secure and apply the full range of corporate financial, human capital, and technical resources required to successfully perform similar requirements; 3) implement a successful project management plan that includes: compliance with tight program schedules; cost containment; meeting and tracking performance; hiring and retention of key personnel and risk mitigation; and 4) provide services under a performance based service acquisition contract.
BASED ON THE RESPONSES TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE/MARKET RESEARCH, A DETERMINATION WILL BE MADE TO AS TO THE EXTENT OF THE COMPETITION AND POTENTIAL FOR SET ASIDES AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUIREMENT. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions.
Based on the history of the requirements of the Switchblade program, it is contemplated that this award will be made on an Other Than Full and Open Competition, Sole Source basis in accordance with Federal Acquisition regulation (FAR) 6.302-1.
The proposed contract is anticipated to include tasking that would be accomplished by labor categories that are subject to the Service Contract Act or a collective bargaining agreement.
Upon evaluation of the capability statements, if it is determined that this requirement will be an unrestricted competition, the Government intends to evaluate the Small-Business responses and conduct further market research to identify a subcontracting goal.
Currently these services are being provide by AeroVironment Inc. on contract W31P4Q-17-C-0171. Previously on similar requirements, this firm was determined to be the only responsible source available to satisfy the agencies requirements. The anticipated Period of Performance for the support of the Switchblade weapon system will be from FY20-24. The proposed acquisition is to provide services as depicted in the following paragraphs.
The Contractor shall provide resources to support the Switchblade requirements for Flight Support, CONUS Training, Field Service Representatives, and Repair and Maintenance services in support of the program. In detail, the Government requires:
• Continental United States (CONUS) training – This training consists of approximately five days of training for up to 8 students to familiarize and provide operator training for the Switchblade system.
• Field Service Representative (FSR) Support – This consists of providing logistical support in technical, maintenance/repair and training aspects in Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) or CONUS locations. They will provide the necessary initial or sustainment training, maintenance/repair and technical support to maintain the Switchblade capability.
• Repair and Maintenance of the Inert Training Vehicles, Fire Control Units, and Training Simulators – This consists of the capability, in the form of trained technicians, properly outfitted facilities, and material support to perform one level of repair and maintenance of the Switchblade systems. This includes both labor and material costs to repair multiple sub-components of the Switchblade system.
• Flight Support – This consists of the planning, execution, and reporting of continued Switchblade testing. Testing may include, but not limited to, lethality, flight envelope expansion, and validation testing. The contractor shall support the testing through review of test plans, onsite technical assistance for initial functional checkouts and hardware handling, onsite operations of the Switchblade and final reporting of testing results. These services directly support ongoing warfighter operations in the deployed, military operational/hostile environments. These services are critical in maintaining the safety of the warfighter in combat operations. The period of performance for these services are required through the completion of the combat operations.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the above-listed services are hereby invited to submit a response to this Sources Sought Notice not later than the response date listed in this notice. Submitted capabilities statement shall be no more than ten (10) pages in length in Times New Roman font of not less than 10 pitch. All responses under this Sources Sought Notice must be in either Microsoft Word or Portable Document Format (PDF), and submitted via email to the primary point of contact listed in this notice. All data received in response to this Sources Sought that is marked or designated as corporate or proprietary will be fully protected from any release outside the Government. All questions must be submitted to the contract specialist identified above. The Government is not committed nor obligated to pay for the information provided, and no basis for claims against the Government shall arise as a result of a response to this Sources Sought.
Responses must address at a minimum the following items:
1) What type of work has your company performed in the past in support of the same or similar requirement?
2) Can or has your company managed a task of this nature? If so, please provide details.
3) Can or has your company managed a team of subcontractors before? If so, provide details.
4) What specific technical skills does your company possess which ensure capability to perform the tasks?
5) Please note that under a Small-Business Set-Aside, in accordance with FAR 52.219-14, the small business prime must perform at least 50% of the work themselves in terms of the cost of performance. Provide an explanation of your company’s ability to perform at least 50% of the tasking described in this PBSOW for the base period as well as the option periods.
6) Provide a statement including current small/large business status and company profile to include number of employees, annual revenue history, office locations, DUNs number, etc.
7) Respondents to this notice also must indicate whether they qualify as a Small, Small Disadvantaged, Women-Owned, HUBZone, or Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concern.
8) Include in your response your ability to meet the requirements in the Facility and Safeguarding requirements.