Consultancy Services to Carry out Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) & Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening of 17 No. Local Authority Climate Adaptation Strategies
Type of document: Contract Notice
1. Title: CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO CARRY OUT STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (SEA) & APPROPRIATE ASSESSMENT (AA) SCREENING OF 17 NO. LOCAL AUTHORITY CLIMATE ADAPTATION STRATEGIES
2. Awarding Authority: Kildare County Council, The Eastern and Midlands Climate Action Regional Office on behalf of Carlow County Council, Cavan County Council, Kildare County Council, Kilkenny County Council, Laois County Council, Leitrim County Council, Longford County Council, Louth County Council, Meath County Council, Monoghan County Council, Offaly County Council, Roscommon County Council, Tipperary County Council, Waterford County Council, Westmeath County Council, Wexford County Council and Wicklow County Council. , Aras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Kildare, IE. Web: www.kildare.ie/countycouncil/ (Alan Dunney)
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: The awarding authority are seeking consultancy services to carry out Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Appropriate Assessment of 17 No. Local Authority Climate Adaptation Strategies. Kildare County Council as the lead Local Authority for the awarding authorities
Climate Change is now a major consideration in all policies and proposals of Local Authorities. The National Adaptation Framework was published in January 2018 and this together with the Low Carbon and Climate Development Act 2015 require local authorities to prepare Climate Change Adaptation Plans to assess their key climate risks and vulnerabilities and develop the capability to mainstream climate change adaptation into all areas of existing local authority activity.
5. CPV Code(s): 90713000, 71313000, 90710000, 90712000, 90720000
6. NUTS code(s): IE062
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Mid-East.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: SEA-AA Consultancy Services
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Response deadline 1.2.2019 (14:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information regarding the above contract notice please visit:
12. Other information: Please visit the website above for documentation