Construction of a standard 1,428 person ATMOB (Annual Training/ Mobilization) dining facility
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Construction of a standard 1,428 person ATMOB (Annual Training/ Mobilization) dining facility
Department of the Army
PO Box 59 Louisville KY 40201-0059
Marcel D. Hull, Contract Specialist, Phone 5023156184, Email Marcel.D.Hull@usace.army.mil
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately.
The proposed project is for the construction of a standard 1,428 person ATMOB (Annual Training/ Mobilization) dining facility of 21,300SF at Ft. Mccoy, Wisconsin. The new dining facility is based on the standard design of Operational Readiness Training Complex (ORTC) dining facility for 1428 persons. Project includes food preparation and cooking areas, entrance/ control area, serving, dining, pot wash, administration, locker area, waste disposal, receiving and loading dock, cold and dry storage, information systems, fire protection and alarm systems, Intrusion Detection system(IDS) installation, and Energy Monitoring Control Systems(EMCS) connection. Building will be of permanent construction with reinforced concrete foundations; concrete floor slabs; reinforced concrete or masonry walls; hip and gabled roofs and canopies, Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, plumbing, mechanical, security and electrical systems. Supporting facilities including: land clearing, general site improvements, utilities connections, lighting, paving, parking, walks, curbs and gutters, storm drainage, landscaping, signage, fencing. Accessibility for the disabled will be provided. Anti- Terrorism/ Force Protection (AT/FP) and physical security measures will be incorporated into the design including maximum standoff distances from roads, parking areas and vehicle unloading areas. Sustainability/Energy measures will be provided. Facilities will be designed to a minimum life of 40 years in accordance with DoD’s Unified Facilities code (UFC 1-200-02) including energy efficiencies, building envelope and integrated building systems performance.
Contract duration is estimated at 420 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $10,000,000 and $25,000,000. NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Businesses or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey by email 21 November 2016 by 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s DUNs Number(s) and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience – Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) example projects with either greater than 95 percent completion or projects completed in the past five (5) years where the interested firm served as the prime contractor. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. Example projects must be of similar size and scope.
a. Projects similar in scope to this project include:
Commercial dining facilities, large/high volume restaurants, or other gathering facilities that include commercial grade kitchen and food service capability.
b. Projects similar in size to this project include:
Facilities greater than 12,000 SF.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
1. Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
2. Scope of the project.
3. Size of the project.
4. The dollar value of the construction contract and whether it was design-bid build or design-build.
5. The percentage of work that was self-performed as project and/or construction management services or physical construction type work.
6. Identify the number of subcontractors by construction trade utilized for each project.
5. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self-performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Interested Offerors shall respond to this Sources Sought Synopsis no later than 1 November 2017 by 02:00 PM Eastern time. ALL RESPONSES MUST BE EMAILED to Marcel Hull, Contract Specialist, at: Marcel.D.Hull@usace.army.mil. This Sources Sought Synopsis is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for the information solicited. This is NOT a Request for Proposal. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.