Army Reserve Center, Fallbrook, CA
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Army Reserve Center, Fallbrook, CA
Department of the Army
PO Box 59 Louisville KY 40201-0059
Joshua A. Gitchel, Contract Specialist, Phone 5023156196, Email email@example.com
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately. The proposed project is:
This project is a design/bid/build project to construct an 800-member Army Reserve Center (ARC) in the vicinity of Fallbrook, CA. Primary facilities include construction of an ARC Training Building (79,000 SF), Organizational Maintenance Shop (OMS) (9,000 SF), and Unheated Storage Building (7,000 SF) on a 15 acre site. Prior to construction the demolition and relocation of an existing electrical transmission line that transects the site is required. Buildings will be of permanent construction with reinforced concrete foundations; concrete floor slabs; reinforced concrete or masonry walls; low-slope or sloped roof; Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC); and plumbing, mechanical, security and electrical systems. Supporting facilities include land clearing, paving, concrete aprons, two vehicle wash racks/platforms, fencing, general site improvements and utility connections. Accessibility for the disabled will be provided. Anti- Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) and physical security measures will be incorporated into the design including maximum standoff distances from roads, parking areas and vehicle unloading areas. Sustainability/Energy measures will be provided. Facilities will be designed to a minimum life of 40 years in accordance with DoD’s Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC 1-200-02) including energy efficiencies, building envelope and integrated building systems performance. Air Conditioning (Estimated 243 Tons).
Contract duration is estimated at 760 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $32,000,000 and $36,000,000. NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Businesses or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey by email on 22 November 2017 by 1:00 PM Eastern.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s Unique Identifier Number and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience – Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) example projects with either greater than 95 percent completion or projects completed in the past five (5) years where the interested firm served as the prime contractor. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. Example projects must be of similar size and scope.
a. Projects similar in scope to this project include:
New construction buildings to include but are not limited to: Army Reserve Centers, Armed Forces Reserve Centers, Military Headquarters buildings, Educational facilities, Vehicle Maintenance shops, and Office buildings. Pre-engineered buildings will NOT be considered similar in scope. Renovation projects are NOT considered similar scope.
b. Projects similar in size to this project include:
Building(s) having a combined square footage of at least 70,000 SF and minimum of 12 acres of construction site work.
c. Project minimum criteria:
Provide descriptions your firm’s past experience on no more than three projects with greater than 95% construction complete or those projects completed within the last five years which are similar to this project in size and scope. Provide documentation demonstrating Design-Bid-Build experience for new building projects of similar types of buildings involving management of multiple sub-contractors.
d. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
1. Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
2. Scope of the project.
3. Size of the project.
4. The dollar value of the construction contract and whether it was design-bid build or design-build.
5. The percentage of work that was self-performed as project and/or construction management services or physical construction type work. Must be at least 15% self-performed
6. Identify the number of subcontractors by construction trade utilized for each project.
5. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Email responses to Joshua.A.Gitchel@USACE.Army.Mil. If you have questions please contact Josh Gitchel at (502) 315-6196. This is NOT a Request for Proposal and does not constitute any commitment by the Government. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.