Multidisciplinary Design Services – Framework Agreement
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: MULTIDISCIPLINARY DESIGN SERVICES – FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT
2. Awarding Authority: The Corporate Officer of the House of Lords and the Corporate Officer of the House of Commons. Web: (Mariana Apostol-Amandha Fernando).
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: The Awarding Authority seeks expressions of interest from suitability qualified and experienced economic operators to enter into a four year framework agreement (Authority’s reference: FWK1097) to provide multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering design services for the Authority’s Strategic Estates’ various business as usual projects over a 4 year term. The on-going planned and reactive works to the buildings within the estate include building refurbishment, new build and maintenance projects. The projects and services will utilise the RIBA Plan of Work 2013 and will be carried out to BIM Level 2. The Framework Consultants may be appointed to fulfil projects that fall under other strategic programmes that Strategic Estates is supporting.
The majority of buildings on the Authority’s estate are Grade I and Grade II listed buildings, requiring historic building conservation expertise in all aspects of design. Economic operators to be appointed will be practices able to provide an in-house architectural lead with a proven track record of working on projects involving prestigious buildings of significant historical interest, with demonstrable experience of having integrated innovative engineering solutions, within conservation/listed building constraints. For the purposes of the CDM Regulations, in most instances the appointed consultants will be the Principal Designer.
It is envisaged that the majority of individual projects will be progressed by the Authority to planning/design-brief stage whereupon the Authority will then commence the procurement of contractors to carry out the works. Framework providers will also be required to provide services during the construction phase, for occasional redesign upon discovery of site conditions, but predominantly oversight and commissioning to ensure that their designs have been delivered under the NEC3 Supervisory Role.
The Contracting Authority is seeking to appoint up to 4 economic operators who will provide multi-disciplinary design team services and associated professional consultancy services either in-house or sub-contracted through established and effective supply chains. It is envisaged services will include:
Architectural Services (including Conservation Architect Services);
Mechanical and Public Health Engineering;
Control Systems and Electronics Engineering;
Structural and Civil Engineering;
NEC3 Supervisor; and
In addition, supplementary specialist services will also be required to achieve a fully integrated design service. These specialist services may include but not limited to: Acoustic Engineering, Building Control/Approved Inspector, Asbestos Consultancy services, Workspace Planning Services, Catering Design and Specification Services, Sustainability Assessments, Health and Safety Consultancy, Landscape Architect, Town Planning Consultancy, Public Health Surveys, Glazing Consultant, Geo-Technical Consultancy and Ecology Services.
The objective of the procurement is to establish a framework of consultants from which the Contracting Authority may call-off services either by direct call-off or by re-opening competition.
Note that the Authority is currently finalising the outcome of the tender process for a separate framework agreement for Project, Programme and Cost Management Services Ref: FWK1093. Whilst Suppliers shortlisted for FWK1093 may submit a Selection Questionnaire (SQ) for this framework agreement, suppliers’ attention is drawn to Article 24 of the Public Contracts Regulations. Suppliers will need to satisfy the Contracting Authority that irresolvable conflicts will not arise and that an appropriate level of independence will be maintained between cost/building control/programme advice and design advice in relation to call-offs. Failure to satisfy the Authority in this matter may result in the Supplier’s disqualification from the procurement process in accordance with Article 57 of the Public Contracts Regulations.
The SQ stage will reduce the number of operators to around six to seven and thereafter, an Invitation to Tender (ITT) stage will follow. The economic operators that have submitted the highest scoring most economically advantageous tender returns will be invited to enter an New Engineering Contract Professional Services Agreement (NEC3 PSA) framework agreement with the Contracting Authority.
The Authority will also be procuring separate frameworks for the following services: (1) Clerk of Works, (2) Building Surveyor, (3) Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, (4) Structural and Civil Engineers and (5) Security Consultancy Services. The Clerk of Works framework will be used for monitoring projects across the estate on behalf of the Parliamentary Design Authority. The Building Surveyor framework will typically be used for projects valued less than £500k and/or projects with limited design complexity. The Mechanical and Electrical Engineers framework will be used for projects requiring a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer lead. The Structural and Civil Engineers framework will be used for projects requiring a Structural or Civil Engineer lead. The Security Consultancy Services framework will be used to appoint Security Consultants to specialist security advice on future projects.
5. CPV Code(s): 71000000, 71337000, 71313410, 71315210, 71332000, 71315410, 71240000, 71311100, 71351100, 71321200, 71314300, 71251000, 71351720, 71315300, 71313200, 71315400, 71242000, 71241000, 71351610, 71320000, 71350000, 71250000, 71313430, 71248000, 71313420, 71351811, 71322200, 71500000, 71243000, 71316000, 71222000, 71313450, 71326000, 71325000, 71321100, 71330000, 71321000, 90650000, 71351000, 71313440, 71247000, 71323200, 71223000, 71335000, 71317100, 71321300, 71420000, 71353200, 71510000, 90490000, 71310000, 71315100, 71300000, 71352100, 71530000, 90522000, 75251110, 71318100, 71314100, 71351600, 71313100, 71210000, 71355000, 71323100, 71315000, 71340000, 71311000, 71352110, 71800000, 71351914, 71354300, 71314200, 71331000, 71356400, 71327000, 71200000, 71351500, 71317000, 71317210, 71221000, 71334000, 71322000, 71521000, 71314000, 71312000, 90713000, 71313000, 71220000, 71318000, 71311300, 71351800, 71245000, 71351220, 71321400, 71314310, 90714200
6. NUTS code(s): UKI, UKI1, UKI11
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: London, Inner London, Inner London – West.
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: FWK1097
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Date documents can be requested until: 23.3.2017.
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information on the above contract please visit Web:
12. Other information: Contract Start : 01 August 2017
Contract End : 31 July 2021
OJEU Notice Date : 03 March 2017
Process : OJEU