Second Funding Opportunity – Research Services
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: SECOND FUNDING OPPORTUNITY – RESEARCH SERVICES
2. Awarding Authority: Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), UK Research & Innovation (UKRI), Met Office, GB Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: The Awarding Authority is inviting proposals to their second funding opportunity through the Specified Location Climate Resilience programme, funded through the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF). The programme aims to draw together fragmented climate research and expertise to deliver robust, multi- and inter-disciplinary research into climate risks and adaptation solutions.
In this second UKRI funding opportunity, up to £3.5 million is available across two topics, up to 28 months in duration
Topic A: Enhanced Climate Change Risk Assessment capability
This topic aims to produce improved UK spatial modelling of climate-related risks, characterisation of interdependent risks and representation of adaptation strategies in integrated assessment models of impact and adaptation.
Up to one interdisciplinary proposal will be funded in this topic area up to the value of £2m (at 80% FEC) for up to 28 months in duration. Applications are anticipated to include researchers across the natural, physical, engineering, health, arts and social sciences.
Topic B: Governing Adaptation
This topic aims to enhance our understanding of the social, institutional and cultural contexts, including behaviour, capacity and governance of individuals, organisations and policy, and the interactions between them, in delivering adaptation.
This topic will be delivered through a maximum of two projects, each up to the value of £750,000 (at 80% FEC) and up to 28 months in duration.
5. CPV Code(s): 73110000, 73000000, 73210000, 71351611, 71350000
6. NUTS code(s): UKL22, UKI, UKM75
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: UK
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Not provided.
9. Estimated value of requirement: funding opportunity, up to £3.5 million is available across two topics
10. Deadline for proposals is 5.12.2019 (16:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information regarding the above contract notice please visit:
12. Other information: Town hall meeting
The UK Climate Resilience programme will be holding an open town hall meeting on 3 October 2019 in London (venue tbc) to further communicate the remit and objectives of the programme and the specific requirements of this call, and bring together researchers from a variety of disciplines with interests in climate impacts and resilience in the UK. Attendance to the meeting is not mandatory for applicants.
For further information, please contact Awarding Authority
Please refer the website above for documentation