Planning and Design Services Europe
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Planning and Design Services Europe
Department of the Army
Robert E. Corkrum, Contract Specialist, Phone 4961197442235, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources Sought Announcement for Indefinite Delivery Contracts (IDCs) for (A-E) Planning and Design Services in Multiple European Locations for USACE Europe District
This announcement seeks information from industry which will be used for preliminary planning purposes. No proposals are being requested or accepted with this announcement. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT SHALL BE AWARDED FROM THIS SYNOPSIS. NO SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATIONS OR DRAWINGS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
1. AGENCY: United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Europe District (NAU)
2. NAICS: 541330, Engineering Services
3. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Belgium, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Israel, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Albania, and Croatia.
4. ACQUISITION INFORMATION: NAU anticipates soliciting and awarding five to ten Planning Services IDCs to be procured in accordance with Public Law (PL) 92-582 (the Brooks Act) and Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 36. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this synopsis or any follow up information requests.
Total Value of Contract: The contract shall not exceed a shared capacity of $95,000,000.00 across the base and all option periods. All Task Orders will be negotiated and awarded as Firm Fixed Price (FFP). No one Task Order shall exceed $20,000,000.00.
Non US or Host Nation/US JV firms are encouraged to submit capabilities for planning purposes.
Performance Period: The contracts will have a total base ordering period, not-to-exceed (NTE) five (5) years.
Small and Small Disadvantaged Business requirements are waived for this contract due to its location in Europe.
5. PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The general scope of work includes, but not be limited to, all types of CAD/GIS mapping, CAD/GIS data migration/consolidation, data linkage, database development, data scanning and archiving, comprehensive master plans, installation real property master planning, infrastructure assessments, programming documents, DD Form 1391 preparation, planning & design charrettes, project economic and market analyses, housing market analyses, designs, Value Engineering Studies, Installation Development Plans (IDPs), Area Development Plans (ADPs), Vision Plans, Installation Development Plans, Installation Planning Standards, Regulating Plans, Implementation Plans, Network Plans, interior design, planning and design manuals, Facility Utilization Surveys (FUS), security and anti-terrorism/force protection (ATFP) studies, life safety improvements and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) surveys, housing studies, housing community plans, information management (IM) master plans, medical master plans, privatization studies, environmental Impact assessments, baseline studies, planning and designs for Department of Defense Dependent School system (DODDS), summary development plans, stationing plans, Net Zero Energy Installation Plans (NZEI), Installation Energy and Water Plans (IEWP), utility studies and code and regulatory comparisons. The responsible agency is the U.S. Army Engineer District, Europe (NAU). Projects may be performed for NAU within Europe District area of responsibility or as otherwise outlined herein. All A-E services shall include associated travel and subsistence necessary for compliance with U.S. and local (where work/project is to be performed) laws, regulations, construction practices, and procedures. It should be noted that the components of a master plan, as described in Army Regulation 210-20, Installation Master Planning / UFC 2-100-01 (dated 15 May 2012), and the accompanying Master Planning Instructions (and the counterpart criteria of other agencies) are extensive and involve the use of numerous disciplines of work. This contract will serve those who wish to undertake entire master plans, as well as those who wish to undertake only limited, specific tasks.
6. SOURCES SOUGHT: The purpose of this sources sought is to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities and qualifications of A-E Firms who have the capabilities to complete and perform contracts of this magnitude in the listed countries, and to address any questions, recommendations or concerns from Industry. The Government must ensure there is adequate competition among the potential pool of responsible contractors. Prior Government contract work is not required for submitting a response under this sources sought announcement.
7. RESPONSES: The Capabilities Statement for this sources sought is not intended to be a Request for Proposal nor Invitation for Bid, nor does it restrict the Government to an ultimate acquisition approach. It is to request statements regarding the company’s ability to demonstrate existing-or-developed expertise and experience in relation to the areas specified herein. Any commercial brochures or currently existing marketing material may also be submitted with the Capabilities Statement. Submission of Capabilities statement is not a prerequisite to any potential future offerings, but participation will assist the USACE in tailoring requirements to be consistent with industry capabilities. This synopsis is for information and planning purposes only and is neither to be construed as a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for information solicited. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation.
8. SUBMISSIONS: Offerors response to this Sources Sought shall be limited to 5 pages and shall include the following information (Clarifications and or questions shall be submitted in a separate word document and will not count towards the 5 page limitation):
• Offeror’s Name, address(es), English speaking point of contact, phone number and e-mail address
• Offeror’s interest in proposing on the solicitation when it is issued
• Offeror’s Cage Code and DUNS number.
• Offeror’s capability to perform a contract of this magnitude and complexity (include offeror’s capability to execute A-E services, comparable work performed within the past ten (10) years, brief description of the project, customer name, timeliness of performance, customer satisfaction, and dollar value of the project) provide at least 3 examples that demonstrate:
o capability to work in Belgium, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Israel, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Albania, and Croatia. (please identify whether the capability is in house or not)
o experience working in Europe, specifically in the countries above.
• Offeror’s Joint Venture information or Teaming Arrangements
o Include Cage Code or System for Award Management (SAM) information/registration, if available
Any commercial brochures or currently existing marketing material do not count towards the page limit. Clarifications and or questions shall be submitted in a separate word document or emailed and will not count towards the 5 page limitation.
9. ANTICIPATED PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT & AWARD: Should the acquisition proceed, USACE NAU anticipates posting the Synopsis in December 2018 and an award of the contract(s) in March 2019.
10. RESPONSES DUE: All interested contractors should submit responses via email by 14:00 hours Central European Time on 04 October 2018. Submit responses and information to Contract Specialist Robert Corkrum at email@example.com. No hard copies will be accepted.
11. QUESTIONS: Questions regarding this Sources Sought Announcement may be directed to Contract Specialist Contract Specialist Robert Corkrum at firstname.lastname@example.org and Contracting Officer David Neal at email@example.com.
****SOURCES SOUGHT FOR MARKET RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY****