Mobile Digital Communication Solution
Type of document: Contract award
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: MOBILE DIGITAL COMMUNICATION SOLUTION
2. Awarding Authority: Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service, Transformation 2020, Headquarters, Lime Grove Avenue, Carmarthen SA31 1SP. Tel: 03706060699. Fax: 01267220562. Web: (Steve McLinden)
3. Contract type: Supply contract
4. Single stage – Any candidate may submit a tender.
5. Description: The awarding authority is looking for a technical solution which enables a local area WIFI or LTE network to be instantly established by operational crews when arriving at an incident. This network will be able to connect to any available 4G network or have the ability to mesh with other similar units attending the incidents until a 4G signal area is reached.
The period of the contract will be initially for 3 years with the option to extend for an additional 3 years.
The solution will be required to be mobile portable and ruggedized to enable it to operate effectively in potentially hostile environments.
6. CPV Code: 32410000, 32412000, 32412100, 32430000, 72710000, 72720000, 75250000,
7. NUTS code: UKL, UKL1, UKL14
8. South West Wales (Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion)
Bridgend and Neath Port Talbot
9. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Reference number attributed to the notice by the contracting authority
10. Name and Address of Successful Contractor: Excelerate Technology Ltd, Willow House Pascal Close, Cardiff, CF3 0LW. Web: www.excelerate.info
11. Date of Contract Award: 15-02-2019
12. Number of tenders received: 3
13. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
14. Other information: Other Information
For further information/documentation regarding the above contract award please visit :
15. Submitted date: 15.4.2019.