MCRC ATFP Upgrades Chicago and Joliet, IL
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
MCRC ATFP Upgrades Chicago and Joliet, IL
Department of the Army
69-A Hagood Avenue Charleston SC 29403-5107
Stephanie Bodrick, Phone 843-278-9402, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP) Upgrades
Chicago and Joliet, IL
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District, Marine Corps Reserve Center (MCRC) Headquarters, Chicago and Joliet, IL, MI has a requirement for the above subject. This is not a Solicitation Announcement, or a Request for Proposal; nor does it obligates the Government to award a Contract.
The purpose of this Sources Sought synopsis is to determine interest and capability of potential qualified Small Business Administration (SBA), Certified 8(a), HUBZone Small Business, and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business firms relative to the North American Industry Classification Code (NAICS) 236220. The Small Business Size Standard is $36.5 Million. To make an appropriate acquisition decision for the above project, the Government will use responses to this sources sought synopsis. The order of magnitude for this effort is estimated between $1,000,000.00 and $5,000,000.00.
Project Information: This project will be a Design-Bid-build project to provide Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP) Upgrades at the Marine Corps Reserve Center, Chicago and Joliet, IL.
This design-bid-build project provides Anti-terrorism Force Protection (ATFP) Upgrades at both Marine Corps Reserve Center Chicago and Joliet, IL. ATFP upgrades include facility and site renovations to Entry Gates, Mass Notification Systems, Site Lighting, Closed-Circuit TV, Site Perimeter Barriers, and Glazing Systems to better resist forced entry. Entry gates will be replaced or upgraded to include vehicle crash ratings and improved access control systems. Mass Notification systems will be installed or upgraded to better serve all facilities. Site Lighting will be renovated or installed new to provide required levels of security lighting. CCTV systems will be renovated or installed to better serve all facilities. Site Perimeter Systems will be renovated to provide vehicle crash ratings as required. Glazing Systems will be treated to provide improved resistance to forced entry. All work will be accomplished in occupied facilities.
Note: (1) If the decision is to Set-Aside this procurement for HUBZone Small Business, the contractor, shall be required to perform in accordance to 13 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) SUBPART 126.700. (a) A qualified HUBZone Small Business receiving a HUBZONE contract for general construction must perform at least 50% of the contract either itself, or through subcontracts with other qualified HUBZONE Small Business concerns.
Note: (2) If the decision is to Set-Aside for Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, the contractor shall be required to perform in accordance to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.219-14 Limitation on Subcontracting (b) states The concern will perform at least 15 percent of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with its own employees.
The Contractor shall provide Performance and Payment Bonds within five (5) calendar days after award. The contractor shall begin work within five (5) calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed.
Completion Time for this project will be specified in the solicitation. If the contractor fails to complete the work within the specified number of days, the contractor shall pay liquidated damages to the Government in the amount specified in the contract.
If you can meet all of the requirements for this project, please respond to this Sources Sought synopsis by email or mail to:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Attention: Stephanie Bodrick
69A Hagood Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403
The e-mail address for Stephanie Bodrick is email@example.com. Response must be received no later than 1:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, on 9 May 2017. Email is the preferred method of communication.
The following information is required:
1. Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) & Commercial & Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) (This information can be obtained from your SAM Registration).
2. Name of firm w/address, phone and fax number, and point of contact.
3. State if your company is a certified 8(a), Small Disadvantaged Business, HUBZone Small Business, or Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
4. State whether your firm can provide a Bid Bond (20% of the total bid amount), Performance and Payment Bonds (100% of the contract amount).
5. Please indicate whether your firm will submit a bid for this project, if this project is set-aside for 8(a), HUBZone Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, or other Small Business.
6. Qualification: Responses to this sources sought synopsis shall indicate specialized experience and technical competence installing water and sewer line and related structures work. Provide documentation for your firm on past or similar efforts as a prime contractor.
7. Submission Requirements: Firms submitting responses shall provide information on the most recent up to three projects that prove you can meet the qualification criteria listed above, with contract number, project location, description of work requirements, contact and phone number for each effort, and other references. Firms should also indicate all applicable personnel and sub-contractors proposed to work on the contract. Proof of Small Business Administration (SBA) registration 8(a) and HUBZone Small Business shall be provided with this response.
8. Contractors will answer all questions listed under Attachment 1.
Firms responding to this Sources Sought announcement, who fail to provide ALL of the required information requested, will not be used to assist the Government in the Acquisition decision, which is the intent of this Sources Sought announcement.