Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA Army Reserve
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA Army Reserve
Department of the Army
PO Box 59 Louisville KY 40201-0059
Monique Jordan, Contract Specialist, Phone 5023156207, Email email@example.com
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately.
The proposed project is Design/Build to construct a 400-member Army Reserve Center (ARC) in the vicinity of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Primary facilities include construction of a 55,000 SF ARC Training Building, 8,900 SF Vehicle Maintenance Shop (VMS), and 3,000 SF Unheated Storage Building. Building(s) will be of permanent construction with reinforced concrete foundations; concrete floor slabs; reinforced concrete or masonry walls; low-slope or sloped roof; Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC); and plumbing, mechanical, security and electrical systems. Supporting facilities include land clearing, paving, fencing, vehicle wash rack/platform(s), concrete aprons, and general site improvements and utility connections. Accessibility for the disabled will be provided. Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) and physical security measures will be incorporated into the design including maximum standoff distances from roads, parking areas and vehicle unloading areas. Sustainability/Energy measures will be provided. Facilities will be designed to a minimum life of 40 years in accordance with DoD’s Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC 1-200-02) including energy efficiencies, building envelope and integrated building systems performance.
Contract duration is estimated at 700 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $25,000,000 and $50,000,000. NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Businesses or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey by email on 31 January 2018 by 2:00 Eastern Standard Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s Unique Identifier Number and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience – Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) example projects with either greater than 90 percent construction completion or projects completed in the past five (5) years which are similar to this project in scope and size Provide documentation demonstrating construction experience for multi-building projects of similar type buildings involving management of multiple sub-contractors. Demonstrated experience includes self-performing 15% of the work. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. Example projects must be of similar size and scope.
a. Projects similar in scope to this project include: New construction of National Guard armories, Army Reserve Centers, Armed Forces Training Centers, office complexes, and education facilities. Construction of pre-engineered buildings and renovation projects are not considered similar scope or size.
b. Projects similar in size to this project include: 39,000 Square Feet (sf) or greater.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
1. Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
2. Scope of the project.
3. Size of the project.
4. The dollar value of the construction contract and whether it was design-bid build or design-build.
5. The percentage of work that was self-performed as project and/or construction management services or physical construction type work.
6. Whether the project was Design/Build or not.
5. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Email all responses to contract specialist firstname.lastname@example.org.If you have questions please contact Monique Jordan at 502.315.6207. This is NOT a Request for Proposal and does not constitute any commitment by the Government. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.