Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Department of the Army
915 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 930 Los Angeles CA 90017-3401
Jimmy L Barton, Contract Specialist, Phone 213-452-3251, Email email@example.com – Sandra Oquita, Contracting Officer, Phone 213 452-3249, Fax 213 452-3176, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is for the design and construction of a 100% fully functional electrical system for Dam Improvement and Repairs at Whittier Narrows, Sepulveda, and Hansen Dams in Los Angeles County and Brea Dam in Orange County, California.
Any calculations, drawings, and/or development of engineering features of the work to be accomplished, reviewed and approved for this project will be done by engineers who are licensed professionals with a minimum of 4 years of current experience to practice in their respective professional field in the respective state of the United States of America for which the project is located and sealed by the respective engineers, submitted for approval.
The Contractor is responsible and liable for the complete data collection, verification, plans, specs, design and construction.
Work includes but is not limited to:
• Providing an assessment and draft consultation package to support a “No historic properties adversely affected” finding assuming that the structures are eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places. An architectural evaluation of NRHP eligibility of the structure(s) is not required. The USACE will submit the package to the California State Historic Preservation Officer for consultation.
• Demolishing electrical devices, existing interior and exterior lighting and controls, components, wiring and conduits that are not to be reused, existing service equipment with possible PCB contamination (refer to supplemental specification UFGS-02 84 33 for proper handling of equipment).
• Providing and installing new H2S system monitor and remote sensors and new electrical systems to include power, exterior/interior lighting and lighting controls, emergency and egress lighting, and replacing existing convenience receptacles.
• Provide and install communication systems for voice/data, LAN/WAN, video surveillance and access control/intrusion detection.
• Designing an electronic security system per UFGS 28 10 05 Electronic Security Systems (ESS) and UFGS 28 08 10 Electronic Security System Acceptance Testing. The electronic security system shall include security lighting, per UFC 4-021-02, access control, intrusion detection and video surveillance which will be based on a physical security assessment conducted by the Los Angeles District Office of Security & Law Enforcement.
• Evaluating the location of and condition of existing concrete pads and foundations and determining if the installations meet design, manufacturer, and UFGS requirements for new equipment.
• Demolishing existing concrete electrical vaults located in dam control.
• Providing and installing lightning (surge) protection per communication and instrumentation manufacturer requirements.
• Providing and installing new junction boxes at gate hoist motors, new power panels, dry type transformers, combination motor starters, controllers, and communication and control panels.
• Providing and installing a new service entrance and grounding per UFC NFPA70 2014 and ANSI C2.
• Providing new underground service conductors between each riser pole and dam control tower with grounding.
• Demolishing existing grounding system and assessing components for possible reuse and provide grounding system design per US Department of Agriculture Rural Electrification Administration REA Bulletin 1751F-802.
• Providing as-built drawings for the installation as well as O&M manual to include generator operation, operation of mechanical system, required annual maintenance, etc.
THIS PROJECT IS A 100% 8(a) SET-ASIDE PROCUREMENT. This will be a Competitive Request for Proposal (RFP), using BEST VALUE LOWEST PRICE TECHNICALLY ACCEPTABLE (LPTA) procedures, resulting in a firm fixed-price contract. The solicitation will be advertised in accordance with FAR 36.3 entitled Two Phase Design-Build Selection Procedures. There will be a Phase I evaluation process to establish qualification acceptable. The evaluation of Phase I will be of the Offerors’ Experience on Similar Design-Build Contracts; Past Performance on similar contracts; Offeror’s Subcontractors Qualification and Construction Experience; Key Personnel Qualification and Construction Experience; Project Management Plan and Corporate Management Structure. After evaluating Phase I proposals, the number of offerors that will be selected to submit Phase II proposals will be all that were rated acceptable or approximately five (5) of the most highly qualified offerors whichever is less. The acceptable offerors will be requested to submit proposals using Phase II evaluation factors which will be provided by amendment to the original RFP. The aforementioned evaluation factors may not be all inclusive.
There will be one pricing schedule for this project with a Performance Period of 462 days after receipt of Notice to Proceed (NTP). The North American Industry Classification Code (NAICS) for this procurement is 238210, Electrical Contractors and other wiring Installation Contractors $15,000,000.00 average annual gross revenue for the last three (3) fiscal years.
Estimated cost range for this project is between $1,000,000.00 and $5,000,000.00.
The solicitation will be available on or about 21 April 2017 with submittals due on or about 21 May 2017. Solicitation W912PL-17-R-0028 and all amendments for this acquisition will be posted on FedBizOpps (FBO) (www.fbo.gov). THE GOVERNMENT INTENDS TO ISSUE THIS SOLICITATION AND ALL AMENDMENTS THROUGH THE USE OF THE INTERNET (WEB ONLY). No additional media (CD ROMs, Floppy Disks, Faxes, or paper) will be provided unless the Government determines that it is necessary.
If you would like to list your firm so that others can see you are an interested vendor, you must click the Add Me to Interested Vendors button in the listing for this solicitation on www.fbo.gov. For further information, please click on the User Guide links on FBO homepage to download the Vendor User Guide or contact the Helpdesk link located at the bottom of the webpage to submit a question or comment.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CONTRACTOR TO CHECK THE DESIGNATED GOVERNMENT POINT OF ENTRY – FED BIZ OPPS – FREQUENTLY FOR ANY AMENDMENTS OR CHANGES TO THE SOLICITATION. ALL OFFERORS/BIDDERS ARE ALSO ADVISED THAT THIS PROCUREMENT MAY BE DELAYED, CANCELLED OR REVISED AT ANY TIME DURING THE SOLICITATION, EVALUATION AND/OR
FINAL AWARD PROCESS.