Aguadilla Army Reserve Training Center, PR
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Aguadilla Army Reserve Training Center, PR
Department of the Army
PO Box 59 Louisville KY 40201-0059
Stephen P. Hutchens, Phone 5023156186, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8(a), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and/or Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) and you are interested in this project, please respond appropriately. The proposed project is for the Design and Construction of a 150-member Army Reserve Center (ARC) Training Building on existing Army Reserve owned property located on Gun Club Road in Aguadilla, PR. Building will be of permanent construction with reinforced concrete foundations; concrete floor slabs; reinforced concrete or masonry walls; low-slope or sloped roof; Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC); and plumbing, mechanical, security and electrical systems. Supporting facilities include land clearing, paving, fencing, general site improvements and utility connections. Accessibility for the disabled will be provided. Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) and physical security measures will be incorporated into the design including maximum standoff distances from roads, parking areas and vehicle unloading areas. Sustainability/Energy measures will be provided and project will be LEED Certified. Facilities will be designed to a minimum life of 40 years in accordance with DoD’s Unified Facility Criteria (UFC 1-200-02) including energy efficiencies, building envelope and integrated building systems performance. Air Conditioning (Estimated 101 Tons).
Contract Duration is estimated at 600 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $10 Million and $25 Million. NAICS Code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZone, 8(a), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), or Woman Owned Small Businesses (WOSB) contractors should respond to this survey by email no later than 7 July 2017 by 1:00 PM Eastern Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor DUNS Number(s) and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Description of Exerpience – Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) example projects with either greater than 95 percent completion or project completed in the past five (5) years where the interested firm served as the prime contractor. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one (1) reference. References may be contacted to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. Example projects must be of similar size and scope.
a. Project similar in scope to this project include:
New construction of Army Reserve Centers, Training Buildings, and/or facilities with admin space, classroom space and secure storage contained within a single story facility.
b. Projects similar in size to this project include:
New construction of building structures with a first floor area of at least 24,000 Square Feet. For multi-story buildings, clearly indicate the 1st floor area.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
i. Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
ii. Scope of the Project
iii. Size of the Project
iv. Dollar value of the Project
v. Portion and percentage of the work that was self-performed
5. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitation on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type preocurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self-performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than eight (8) pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Email responses to Steve Hutchens at Stephen.P.Hutchens@usace.army.mil. If you have questions, please contact Steve Hutchens at Stephen.P.Hutchens@usace.army.mil. This is NOT a Request for Proposal and does not constitute any commitment by the Government. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.