Hardware Software Integration Branch Follow-on
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Hardware Software Integration Branch Follow-on
Department of the Army
3055 Rodman Avenue Rock Island IL 61299-8000
Ryan R. Larrison, Contracting Officer, Phone 3097826214, Email firstname.lastname@example.org – Lee Tomberlin, Contracting Officer�s Representative, Phone 8047347975, Email email@example.com
This is a Request for Information (RFI), as defined in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 15.201(e).
This is not a request for proposal, request for quotation, or an invitation for bid, nor does its issuance obligate or restrict the Government to an eventual acquisition approach. This RFI does not obligate the Government to issue a solicitation. This RFI is being conducted solely for information and planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation. Neither unsolicited proposal, nor any other kinds of offers, will be considered in response to this request or accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Contractors are solely responsible for all expenses associated with participating in this RFI. Acknowledgement of receipt of submitted items will not be made, nor will respondents be notified of the outcome of the information received.
The purpose of this RFI is to gather information regarding the capability to satisfy Engineering Support Office (ESO) Cyber Security Management and Software Integration Laboratory (SIL) Testing Services in support of the Product Lead, Logistics Information Systems (PL-LIS) located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
This RFI is to identify potential sources that can provide the necessary ESO and SIL services in support of the PL LIS.
The ESO and SIL primarily provide in-house service to the Legacy Logistics Systems which are endemic to PL LIS: Standard Army Ammunition System (SAAS), Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE), Unit Level Logistics System – Aviation Enhanced (ULLS-AE) and Financial Management Tactical Platform (FMTP). Support for other internal and external systems is provided as needed. Do not submit a proposal or quote. After reviewing the description of requirements, interested and capable contractors are invited to provide responses to the following requested information. Responses should follow this format and be submitted electronically as one complete document. This RFI is for informational purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to procure any items/services, or for the Government to pay for the information received. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this RFI or any follow-up information request.
This announcement is in support of market research performed by the Army Contracting Command – Rock Island (ACC-RI) to determine small business interest and capability to perform all services delineated below under one contract.
Services include dedicated support in the following areas:
• Security Assessments in Support of Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
• Security Scans/Manual Checks for Supported Army Systems and Lab Environments
• Hardware/Software Inventory Verification for Supported Systems
• Identification, Analysis, and Reporting – Security Configuration
• Creation/Maintenance/Posting of Security Assessment Plans
• Conducting/Documenting System Security Plan Analyses for Supported Systems
• Verification/Validation Systems Compliancy with IA Controls/Requirements
• Analyze Vulnerability Alerts, Determine Applicability and Notify System Managers
• Initiation/Submission and Tracking of Compliance Extension and Waiver Requests
• System Authorization Support Management and Tracking
• Creation/Testing/Duplication of System Images for Supported Systems
• Security Patch Rollups
• Software/Duplication on Optical Media
• Operation of ESO Archetype Environment
• Operation and Configuration of Networks for ESO Lab
• Provide IT Hardware Support for Government Equipment
• Testing Services for Software and Interoperability of Army Systems
• Installation and Configuration of Test Environments
• Creation/Maintenance of Test Scenarios for IT National Security Systems
• Collection/Documentation of Master Metrics for System Test Events
• Conduct After Action Reviews (AARs) Following Test Events
• Conducting and Evaluation of Army Interoperability Certification (AIC) Testing
• Updating/Maintaining Testing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Conducting Configuration Management (CM) Audits
• Updating/Maintaining CM SOPs
• Operation/Maintenance of CM Library for Test Artifacts
• Performance of Test Center Receptionist Duties, Registration of Test Participants and Control of Building and Communication Access (Business Hours Only)
• Maintenance/Operation/Enhancement of Testing Labs
• Maintenance/Operation/Configuration of Local Networks
• Task Order Management
The mission of the ESO and SIL currently supports the Program Executive Office-Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS) systems and other Log IT Army Systems.
Place of Performance
Primary Place of Performance is Fort Lee, Virginia 23801. Contractor may need to provide workspace for their personnel and supporting outside contractors as well as dedicated testing space.
Travel to both the Contiguous United States and Outside the Contiguous United States sites may be required. All travel shall be in accordance with the DoD Joint Travel Regulations.
Anticipated Period of Performance
The anticipated period of performance for this requirement is for one (1) 12-month base period followed by four (4) 12-month option periods.
Current contract: W52P1J-16-F-0039
Incumbent: Rivera Group LLC.
The Service Contract Act is applicable.
1. Please provide the following Point of Contact information:
Point of Contact:
Small Business: Yes or No based on the NAICS code
2. Please identify your company’s small business size standard based on the applicable NAICS Code 541512 – Other Computer Related Services. Additionally, please identify any other socio-economic categories your company qualifies for. The Small Business Size Standard for this NAICS code is $27.5M. For more information refer to
3. If you identify your company as an active small business company and you are capable of providing the required services as described below, is your company interested in a prime contract for SIL and ESO support to PL-LIS?
4. Under the current Small Business recertification regulations, do you anticipate your company remaining a small business under NAICS Code 541512 – Other Computed Related Services?
a. What percentage of this requirement do you plan to perform in house (not sub-contract out)? Also indicate (with supporting rationale) if/how your company would be compliant given the restrictions identified in the Defense Authorization Bill 2013, which states that at least 50 percent of the total contract cost will be performed by the small business prime contractor or small business similar situated entities.
5. Please provide details regarding proposed joint ventures, teaming arrangements, strategic alliances, or other business arrangements that pertain to the requirements. Offerors are encouraged to identify teams, indicating each team member’s size status based upon the NAICS code of the work that the team member may be doing. Please list the process used in selecting the teaming members.
6. Interested companies may also provide a White Paper describing how its services and technical expertise could produce and deliver such capabilities as described in the requirements. Also, identify your company’s past and current customers to which you provided similar support services, including any Government contract numbers, a customer/company name and point of contact, phone number and address/e-mail where they can be contacted. White papers and other submitted information as requested above will be reviewed by Government personnel only. White papers shall be no more than five (5) pages in length. A page is defined as each face of an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper containing information. When both sides of a sheet display printed material, it shall be counted as two pages. Pages shall be single spaced with 1.5 line spacing. The text size shall be no less than 12 point with at least 1 inch margins on the top and bottom and 3/4-inch side margins.
If the Government has additional questions or a need for information following the evaluation of your response, you may be contacted and asked to provide that information.
Participation in response to this RFI will not preclude any vendor from responding to future acquisitions, either individually or as part of a team.
All information should be provided via electronic mail to Ryan Larrison, Contracting Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 1600 Central Time 24 May 2018. Any information submitted by respondents to this sources sought notice is totally voluntary and at no cost to the Government. This information will help the Government form its acquisition strategy. No solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of a solicitation. Please be advised that all correspondence sent shall contain a subject line that reads “HSIB Mission Support Services Request for Information Response”. Marketing brochures will not be considered adequate information in response to this RFI.
Contracting Office Address:
Army Contracting Command – Rock Island
3055 Rodman Avenue
Rock Island, Illinois 61299-8000
Primary Point of Contact:
Ryan Larrison, Contracting Officer
Ryan.email@example.com Phone: (309) 782-6214
Secondary Point of Contact:
Lee Tomberlin, Contracting Officer’s Representative
Phone: (804) 734-7975