Design-Build Ft. Buchanan Gym Annex
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Design-Build Ft. Buchanan Gym Annex
Department of the Army
PO Box 59 Louisville KY 40201-0059
Marcel D. Hull, Mr. , Phone 5023156184, Email Marcel.D.Hull@usace.army.mil
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately.
The proposed project is for the Design and Construction of a 5,000 square foot Fitness Center Annex at Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico. The appearance will keep to the Fort Buchanan Master Plan Design Guide. This annex will have operable windows for increased lighting and ventilation. The facility will have an energy management control system for energy efficiency, and emergency phone and fire protection. Supporting facilities include site development, utilities and connections, lighting, paving, walks, curbs and gutters, storm drainage, information systems, HVAC, landscaping and signage. Access for individuals with disabilities will be provided. The project shall also include all necessary work related to plumbing, mechanical, and electrical connections to comply with all regulations. Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) and physical security measures will be incorporated into the design. Sustainability/Energy measures will be provided. Project includes a fitness module, exercise module, structured activity module, control desk, administrative area, restrooms, all necessary hardware, floor finishes, paint, and storage area. Work also includes information systems, fire protection, sound alarm systems.
Contract duration is estimated at 425 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000. The primary North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Code applicable to these requirements is 236220, Commercial and Institutional Building Construction. The Small Business Size Standard is $36.5 Million. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Businesses or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey by email on 15 September 2017 by 2:00PM Eastern Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s Unique Identifier Number(s) (formerly DUNS number) and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience – Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) example projects with either greater than 90 percent completion or projects completed in the past five (5) years where the interested firm served as the prime contractor. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. Example projects must be of similar size and scope. Example projects must be of similar size and scope. Demonstrated experience must include identification of self-performing 15% of the construction.
a. Projects considered similar in scope to this project include but are not limited to: new construction of Army Reserve Centers, Training Buildings, and/or facilities with physical fitness and workout space, admin space, classroom space and secure storage contained within a single story facility. Clearly delineate the dollar amount for total project and % of contract value, type of work and square footage that was self-performed. Construction of pre-engineered buildings with temperature controlled, finished interiors and not used exclusively for storage may count toward a project of similar scope or size.
b. Projects considered similar in size would include a single story building of 4,500 square feet of new building construction.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
1. Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
2. Scope of the project.
3. Size of the project.
4. The dollar value of the construction contract and whether it was design-bid build or design- build.
5. The percentage of work that was self-performed as project and/or construction management services or physical construction type work.
6. Identify the number of subcontractors by construction trade utilized for each project.
7. Performance evaluation rating and name of the entity, company, or Government entity for which the work was performed with a reference’s contact information to include name, phone number and email address. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance. NOTE: Performance evaluations will not count against the total page count.
d. Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting, they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed
Interested Offerors shall respond to this Sources Sought Synopsis no later than 15 September 2017 by 02:00 PM Eastern time. ALL RESPONSES MUST BE EMAILED to Marcel Hull, Contract Specialist, at: Marcel.D.Hull@usace.army.mil. This Sources Sought Synopsis is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for the information solicited. This is NOT a Request for Proposal. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.