Resilient Urban Development and Integrating Disaster Risk Data
Type of document: Contract Notice
1. Title: RESILIENT URBAN DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATING DISASTER RISK DATA
2. Awarding Authority: World Bank, CM. Web:
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: Cameroon is exposed to recurrent extreme climate-related events, such as heavy rainfall and droughts, which pose multiple risks to its socio-economic development. The World Risk Index ranks Cameroon as having very high risk to natural disasters (index of 11.2). Flooding is a chief concern with nearly 370,000 people affected since 2007 and estimated future annual losses of US$ 75 million on average (88 % of total Average Annual Loss). Lack of climate and disaster risks considerations in decision-making processes and development planning contributes further to the vulnerability of the country. These deficits are becoming especially harmful in rapidly urbanizing municipalities, which have not adapted to environmental and climate risks in a timely manner. However, the Government of Cameroon has started to take action by developing, in collaboration with the World Bank/GFDRR, a new Guide to Integrate Climate and Disaster Risks into Development Planning (new Guide) and has prioritized four sectors for its application: agriculture, energy, transport and urban development.
5. CPV Code(s): 90721800, 71352130
6. NUTS code(s): Not provided.
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Cameroon
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: 1259470
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Expression of Interest Deadline: (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.) 8.11.2018 (23:59:59).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information and instructions in the above contract notice please visit website:
12. Other information: TKR-20181031-EX-894901