Replace KC-135 Maintenance Hangar and Shops
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Replace KC-135 Maintenance Hangar and Shops
Department of the Army
123 Briscoe Drive Louisville TN 37777
Richard M. Lusby, Phone 8653363353, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tennessee Air National Guard at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard (ANG) Base, Louisville, TN intends to issue an Request for Proposal (RFP) to award a single firm fixed-price contract for services, non-personal, to provide all plant, labor, transportation, materials, tools, equipment, appliances and supervision necessary to Construct a 57,400 square foot maintenance hangar/corrosion control facility to include but not limited to maintenance hangar area, general purpose shop area, corrosion control area, and avionics shop area. The project includes but is not limited to the construction of a 28,000 square hangar bay and associated 1-story maintenance shops/administrative area, on a reinforced concrete foundation and concrete floor slab, steel frame, masonry, insulated metal panels, and brick veneer exterior finish, with a sloped metal roof, interior gypsum walls, HVAC systems, communications wiring/infrastructure, restrooms, millwork, utilities, access pavements, fire protection/detection, fire suppression, site work, anti-terrorism force protection measures, erosion control, drainage structures and landscape. Site work includes but not limited to site work including water, electrical, communications, natural gas, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer connections to existing infrastructure. This project requires construction compliance to United States Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED® Silver certification level.
OPTIONS: Options will be used for this project in addition to the previous work described. There will be a total of fourteen (14) options. Options are as follows:
1. Hangar Access Apron – Concrete (+904 SY) and Asphalt Shoulder Expansion (-381 SY)
2. Hydro/Electric Shop (4,300 SF)
3. Main Apron Expansion – Concrete (+1912 SY) and Asphalt Shoulder Expansion (+1490 SY) & Restriping Existing Apron Pavement Markings. Asphalt upgrade for POV parking lot (All gravel in base bid)
4. Shake-On floor coating for hangar floor. Resinous floor for the shop areas (119, 120, 115, 114, 127). Seamless Resinous Epoxy for the Toilet/Locker/Shower Rooms, Janitor Closet (106-110, 135, 136). Resinous floor for the Offices (121- 126, 111-113, 148, 128-130), Ready Room (104), Training/Testing (105), all Shop areas, and Corridors (102, 103). 3-Part Epoxy floor finish for MPE/Comm Rooms (116, 117, 118, 125, 137, 138, 139). Shake-On floor coating for hydro/electro shops (140-147).
5. 5 Ton Overhead Crane
6. Metal Lockers
7. Exterior Facility Sign
8. Electronic Moveable Partition (Skyfold or similar)
9. Airfield Fence Barrier Cable / 2 personnel gates with pin pads and crash bollards
10. Buildings 110 (3,996 SF) and 111 (33,954 SF) shall be demolished and resulting area returned to natural conditions. Buildings 110 (3,996 SF) and 111 (33,954 SF) ACM & Lead Abatement. (Metal wall panels, transite board, steam fittings)
11. Decorative Fence at Mechanical Yard / Concrete Patio & Seating for outside break
12. Sodding all disturbed areas at hangar. (Base bid is seeding)
13. Antenna Tower and tower concrete pad (Conduit base bid)
14. Electronic Safety and Security – Advantor Security System
BRAND NAME: The project requires a brand name specific product. A justification will be posted upon issuance of and attached to the solicitation. The brand name products included in this acquisition are the Simplex Fire Alarm system, High Expansion Foam, Schneider Energy Management Control System, and the Simplex fire alarm system.
This project is solicited as unrestricted. The HUBZone preference in accordance with FAR 19.1307 applies. The contract duration is 730 calendar days from issuance of the Notice to Proceed. The North American Industry Classification (NAICS) Code is 236220, with a size standard of $36,500,000 average annual revenue for the previous three (3) years. The magnitude is between $10,000,000 and $25,000,000.
Award will be made to the offeror whose proposal represents the best value to the Government. Proposals will be evaluated in the areas of technical merit, past performance, small business participation, and price.
The tentative date for issuing the solicitation is on-or about TBD. The tentative date for the pre-bid conference is on-or about (time and location will be in solicitation). Interested contractors are encouraged to attend and shall follow conference registration and base access requirements shown in the solicitation. A site visit will follow the pre-bid conference. All questions for the pre-bid conference must be submitted 5 days prior to date posted in the solicitation via email to: email@example.com.
The bid opening date is scheduled for on-or about (actual dates and times will be identified in the solicitation). Interested offerors must be registered in SAM. To register go to: You will need your DUNS number register. Instructions for registering are on the web page. The solicitation and associated information and the plans and specifications will be available only from the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website on- line at FedBizOpps is a web-based dissemination tool designed to safeguard acquisition-related information for all Federal agencies. Interested bidders/offerors must register with FedBizOpps before accessing the system. (Please note the registration for access to the secure site takes approximately 15 business days. PLAN ACCORDINGLY) Reference paragraph 4.7 of the Vendor Guide for instructions to obtain a MPIN to retrieve the specification and drawing documents. Contractors who do not already have a MPIN are advised that the normal processing is 7 to 12 business days to obtain a MPIN password that will give them access to the plans and specifications, which are located in the controlled access location on FBO. See video in vendor guide at 3.3 on advanced functions for other information. Bidders/offerors who have registered with FedBizOpps must access the data for this solicitation with their MPIN. Bidders/offerors cannot log into the FedBizOpps home page and search for data.
DISCLAIMER: The official plans and specifications are located on the official government webpage and the Government is not liable for information furnished by any other source. Amendments, if/when issued will be posted to for electronic downloading. This will normally be the only method of distributing amendments prior to closing; therefore, it is the offerors responsibility to check the website periodically for any amendments to the solicitation. Websites are occasionally inaccessible, due to various reasons. The Government is not responsible for any loss of Internet connectivity or for an offerors inability to access the documents posted on the referenced web pages. The Government will not issue paper copies. All inquiries must be in writing, preferable via email to the persons specified in the solicitation. All answers will be provided in writing via posting to the web. Place of performance is Louisville, TN.