Integrating Seismic Risk Considerations into Energy Efficiency Investments
Type of document: Contract Notice
1. Title: INTEGRATING SEISMIC RISK CONSIDERATIONS INTO ENERGY EFFICIENCY INVESTMENTS
2. Awarding Authority: World Bank, ME. Web:
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: The World Bank is collaborating with the four countries Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Kosovo to increase energy efficiency in public buildings. However, given the seismic risk in these countries, it is important to develop a framework and the necessary data to assess the potential seismic vulnerability of different buildings to ensure that the resilience of buildings to seismic events is included in the prioritization and building selection. This contract would provide (i) the collation of baseline information about seismic vulnerability of different public building typologies considering dominant structural system, age of construction, potential post-construction modification, number of floors etc and the generations of seismic considerations in building codes reference material to be collected by country; (ii) develop a framework for the assessment of which typologies likely have low vulnerability, which buildings may require additional engineering assessment, and which building typologies are likely to have high vulnerability and should be excluded from energy efficiency programs (unless there is a commitment for substantial structural strengthening); (iii) advice on existing earthquake vulnerability assessments of buildings that may exist in each country (eg. technical audit) and any concerns with the application of these assessments (ie engineers only view from the outside of the building, the assessment is against the code at time of construction versus modern codes, no codes at all exist); and (vi) build capacity/knowledge of key stakeholders to integrate seismic risk considerations into EE initiatives in public infrastructure investments.
5. CPV Code(s): 71314300, 71352130
6. NUTS code(s): Not provided.
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Montenegro
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: 1265632
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Expression of Interest Deadline: (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.) 4.12.2019 (23:59:59).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information and instructions in the above contract notice please visit website:
12. Other information: TKR-20191125-EX-1220069