Design/Build, FY17 Construct an Army Reserve Center (ARC) located in Phoenix, Arizona
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United States
Design/Build, FY17 Construct an Army Reserve Center (ARC) located in Phoenix, Arizona
Department of the Army
PO Box 59 Louisville KY 40201-0059
Lonniea Holman, Email Lonniea.C.Holman@usace.army.mil
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately. The proposed project is to Construct a 600-member Army Reserve Center (ARC) in the vicinity of Phoenix, AZ. Primary facilities include construction of an ARC Training Building (60,951 sq. ft.), Organizational Maintenance Shop (OMS) (14,446 sg. ft.), and an Unheated Storage Building. Building (3,190 sq. ft) will be of permanent construction with reinforced concrete foundations; concrete floor slabs; reinforced concrete or masonry walls; low-slope or sloped roof; Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC); and plumbing, mechanical, security and electrical systems. Supporting facilities include land clearing, paving, fencing, vehicle wash platforms/racks, and general site improvements and utility connections. Accessibility for the disabled will be provided. Anti-terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) and physical security measures will be incorporated into the design including maximum standoff distances from roads, parking areas and vehicle unloading areas. Sustainability/Energy measures will be provided. Facilities will be designed to a minimum life of 40 years in accordance with DoD’s Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC 1-200-02) including energy efficiencies, building envelope and integrated building systems performance.
Contract duration is estimated at 730 Days. The estimated cost range is between $25,000,000 and $100,000,000. The NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Businesses or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey by email 29 March 2017 by 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Responses should include:
1. Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
2. Contractor’s DUNs Number(s) and CAGE Code(s).
3. Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
4. Descriptions of Experience – Interested construction firms must provide no more than three (3) example projects with either greater than 90 percent completion or projects completed in the past five (5) years where the interested firm served as the prime contractor. Provide documentation demonstrating construction experience for multi-building projects of similar type buildings involving management of multiple sub-contractors. Demonstrated experience includes self-performing 15% of the work. Example projects must be of similar size, scope and dollar value. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, and quality of performance.
a. Projects similar in scope to this project include:
Projects considered similar in scope to this project include New Construction of National Guard armories, Army Reserve Centers, Armed Forces Training Centers, Office Complexes, and Education Facilities. Construction of pre-engineered buildings does not count toward a project of similar scope or size.
b. Projects similar in size to this project include:
Projects similar in size will include projects with New Construction of approximately 60,000 sf total or greater.
c. Based on the information above, for each project submitted, include:
1. Project Title, Contract Number, and Location.
2. Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
3. Scope of the project, to include purpose/use of facility.
4. Size of the project, differentiate square footage of new construction versus renovation if the project includes both.
5. Dollar value of the project.
6. The portion and percentage of work that was self-performed.
7. Whether the project was design build or design-bid build.
Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Email responses to Lonniea Holman at Lonniea.C.Holman@usace.army.mil. If you have questions please contact Lonniea Holman at Lonniea.C.Holman@usace.army.mil. This is NOT a Request for Proposal and does not constitute any commitment by the Government. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately from responses to this market survey.