Conducting City-wide Disaster and Climate Risk Assessment Services
Type of document: Contract Notice
1. Title: CONDUCTING CITY-WIDE DISASTER AND CLIMATE RISK ASSESSMENT SERVICES
2. Awarding Authority: World Bank, TR. Web: $h=1545047267617
3. Contract type: Service contract
4. Description: There are two projects that this contract would provide disaster risk management (DRM) technical and program support for: Project 1: Sustainable Cities Program 2 Additional Finance Ilbank: Supporting Ilbank and two municipalities who may benefit from future support under the Sustainable Cities Program 2 – Additional Finance (SCP2-AF) to (a) build capacity in municipalities for screening, preparing, and implementing infrastructure investments which consider climate and disaster resilience, (b) inform municipalities investment planning approaches with a city-level assessment of disaster and climate risks; and (c) provide guidance to municipalities on potential investments that increase resilience to disaster and climate risks for key projects. This project is expected to cover critical infrastructure and resilience of planned infrastructure and screening of subprojects potentially under SCP2-AF with the aim of developing a screening method for Feasibility studies; and Project 2: Urban Transformation and Urban Resilience MoEU: Supporting MoEU and two municipalities (different from those identified under the above activity) to provide Disaster Risk Management inputs to: (a) a city-level assessment of the needs and priorities for the transformation of urban areas under disaster risk; and (b) municipal approaches for assessing the viability (economic, financial, environmental, social, resilience) of different area-based urban transformation projects. In particular this would involve (i) building capacity in municipalities to identify, record (in supportive GIS layers), and assess multi-hazard and climate risks; and (ii) design and implement activities in municipalities that support implementation of the MoEUs Guidelines for Municipalities for Urban Transformation strategies. There is over-lap between these two projects and interdependency with other activities under related Sustainable Cities Projects (SCP 1 and SCP 2) and related DRM work supported by the World Bank.
5. CPV Code(s): 90711100, 90711000
6. NUTS code(s): Not provided.
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Turkey
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: 1262947
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. Expression of Interest Deadline: (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.) 14.6.2019 (23:59:59).
11. Address to which they must be sent: For further information and instructions in the above contract notice please visit website:
12. Other information: TKR-2019531-EX-1071483